Luminar AI + Topaz Image Quality Bundle?

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Dave, 

Welcome to the Forum! 

Luminar AI doesn't have third-party plugin support, so you won't be able to invoke Topaz apps from there. However, you can use them in standalone mode and reupload the exported images to Luminar for more tweaks. Or vice versa, you can start off in Luminar AI, then upload exported images to other editors. 

Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for this. As a novice, is there a "better" order to use the tools?

That is, does it make more sense to start with Topaz and then Luminar? Or the other way. I would think - but could be wrong - that there should be a prefered order?

But maybe not :-)

Thanks!!

Egidio Leitao

Dave,

Even though Luminar AI does not have third-party plugin support, you can use Topaz AI directly from inside Lightroom (LR), if you use that. I am very happy with all the Topaz AI products. They do what they're supposed to do and quite well. With old photos and heavily cropped photos, for example, I export directly from LR to Topaz Gigapixel AI. Once I select the image size I want, Topaz does its magic and sends the photo back to LR. From there, I export to Luminar AI for final edits. In brief that is my workflow.

Egídio

Jennifer Beam

I have Topaz, but not the new AI versions. The older version. I use the simplify feature often. I like Topaz products, but I don't know about the company. I bought a lifetime license for all their products (it was expensive) and instead of making the product better and including lifetime members. They changed the product name and are excluding the lifetime license people from using the newer products. I'm a little butthurt honestly and won't give them more money, so that is why I bought the newer Skylum instead of theirs. I probably won't upgrade their stuff ever. I am just hoping they change their minds. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.