Cropping issues in Portrait

Comments

7 comments

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the crop too! Can you provide us with a detailed description of the process that leads to the crop lines gathering at the bottom right corner?

A numbered list of steps would be the most convenient. For example:

1. Launch Luminar.

2. Load the file named X with an extension Y.

3. Apply Z filter.

4. Set S slider to U value.

5. etc. etc.

The more detailed the description is the quicker we'll be able to figure out what might be causing the issue.

Also, if possible, it'd help if you could send us one of the files you are having this issue with. If the file is too large to email you can use wetransfer.com.

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into an email to support@skylum.com

Thank you in advance!

Bob Cartledge

The process:

1. Select .NEF image in Windows Explorer, right click 'open with... Luminar 2018'

2 Click 'Tools' tab, select crop

3. Image and crop frame lines go weird

4. Luminar 2018 crashes.

I doubt the image file is responsible so I won't be sending that through. It is probably just a bug, nothing to panic about. You are only on generation 2 of the independent platform. aren't you? Adobe have been at it since last millennium and they still can't get it right! AND they have two independent applications that don't work properly, not just one slightly buggy one.

Do you get the sense that I much prefer Luminar 2018 to Adobe's travesties?

Bob Cartledge

Update:

When opening the crop tool on portrait oriented images it changes the aspect ration to 'free'. if you switch the aspect ratio back to 'original' or any other set ratio and the problem is sorted. You can even go back to 'free'. Simple interface glitch, methinks!

Denis Kotsee

You're correct, this is a minor bug, and Luminar indeed is only in its second iteration. The fix for this might already be finished or will be finished soon (skipping the next update).

>Do you get the sense that I much prefer Luminar 2018 to Adobe's travesties?

Very much so :)

Scott Thomas

I'm getting this same issue with the crop tool manipulators being pushed down to the bottom right corner on my windows version. It's very frustrating. I have only just installed the latest version and was hoping the problem would have been fixed but no luck. The work around is to chance aspect from original to free then back to original, but when you are processing hundreds of images it is painful. 

Please fix Skylum.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Scott,

I'm sorry you'e having trouble with the crop tool.

First - please confirm that you're running the most recent version of Luminar by going to Help > Check for Updates.

If there are no updates to run please send the following to support@skylum.com:

The file you were working with, so that we could test it on our side.

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the reply to this email.

A detailed step-by-step description of the steps you perform in the software that cause the issue to occur.

If possible, please make sure that your steps produce the same issue each time they are repeated. We need to be able to reproduce the issue to understand at which point it occurs.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Please sign in to leave a comment.