Comments

75 comments

Jesse Morgan

Cool I suppose but like not really getting it - moving away from desktop. Not talking about editing photos of the kids I took on my iPhone but actual professional work. Not sure why I would use the workflow you suggest. The photos are off loaded from my camera as I drive home, culled, and edited on the iPad Pro... then delivered to the client. Either Luminar is a part of that workflow or it isn't. 

Comment actions Permalink
    David Gray

Thank you Kate…..at long last some positive info confirming that software for IPADOS is being developed. When you say some news later in 2022, do you mean news in 2022 or news late 2022 meaning back end of 2022…..hope for some clarification on this timeline…thanks.

Ou Youheng

Please make luminar AI for the iPad. I will ditch Lightroom permanently!

Dallas Browning

i joined this community with the sole purpose of adding to this thread. have you guys even *used* the M1 iPad yet? i'm guess the answer is "no" - as soon as you do, you'll see why so many creatives have moved their workflow to this platform. it is different than just a "tablet" - and you're far behind the curve here. the people following this thread are among the leading edge of users - but we don't get any sense of interest, intent or urgency form Luminar regarding this request. how many upvotes does it take to get your attention? 

Jesse Morgan

Well if Luminar doesn't move over there are alternatives. Adobe just announced full parity for Lightroom and Lightroom Classic with the amazing October update. Capture One is releasing in Q1 2022. Either Luminar is on the boat or it isn't.

Or Vanon

Waiting for M1 iPad app, would be a game changer on the go !

Valentino UK

We want and  need Skylum Products on the iPad Pro M1, plz bring it out! 

PAPS NY

Only thing keeping me on a desktop is your Luminar desktop app. If you can build one for the iPad Pro M1, we'd be going full Luminar and ditching Adobe.

I just bought my IPad Pro 12.9 with M1 and now your telling me I can’t use Luminar AI are you kidding me

Bob Williams

I realize that NEO may be a tough port but hey guys, make it easy on yourselves and just code it for the M1 - you are gonna need that muscle for mobile image editing anyhoo!!

And PLEASE stop saying you are "Considering" or"planning" a port - Adobe, Boinx, ON1, & Affinity have beat you to the iPad by a year (or more!)

Now that Apple is putting M1 chips (and better) in iPads, it is not an option - we may need desktops for the near term but my 5 year vision is for a 11-13" iPad successor that finally replaces a desktop (I hope!)

Nick Anderson

I’m in here because I have a 2 seat pre-order and Luminar AI in the cart and I wanted to check whether it’d work for my iPad Pro M1. To say I found this news (that it’s NOT compatible) shocking is an understatement. Hard to imagine a company (if you believe the marketing) pushing the boundaries of AI in photography isn’t making an iPad Pro compatible version. WTH? It’s got my order on hold while I search for a product that’s compatible on both OS AND iPad. What a shame. Truly, makes me wonder about the company - particularly the responses posted here by reps for the company. *shakes head* 🤦‍♂️

Ivan Azure

Hi Nick,
    We are sorry to hear that you have such reflections. We will pass these comments to the responsible department anew. Please stay tuned.

Bob Williams

I hardly EVER post to the forums but I gotta say this:

Yeah Nick, I am feeling the same way.

My iPad, Mavic Pro and Sony A7 go with me everywhere these days; they and all the accessories fit in a compact LowePro Backpack. A MacBook Pro is just TOO much extra weight to carry; I'd rather invest that weight in my spare A7 Body and a lens or 2 -- same weight as a MacBook Pro!)

Pixelmator and Affinity have both released iPad Apps, while it seems Luminar is stuck in the "Next Big Mac App" cycle for Luminar.

Well, I agree, for now your desktop app cannot be beat, but Pixelmator (and to a degree Affinity...But the UI sucks) are getting close AND they have the killer feature of having a shipping iPad app!

I just purchased Pixelmator for iPad ($3.99 US$) and it is a fantastic field editor - almost what I have been looking for (what I am REALLY looking for is Luminar on the iPad!).

So I now have a soup-to-nuts editing solution for iPad/Mac - sure I can still come back home and use Luminar 4/AI...And, of course I have pre-paid for Neo, so, yeah, I STILL love Luminar...

But folks, your competition is getting the best of you! Now, if  the Luminar response is "All our features in NEO/AI/4 won't run on a iPad" - OK if that's true, ship Luminar iPad with what you CAN engineer -- remember the saying we had in College:  "A "C" paper on time is better than a "A" paper late!"

I suspect with more frequent use, at some point the Pixelmator iPad/Mac solution will work for me and I will drift away from Luminar (and I will not be the only one, folks)...Unlike Nick though, keep my money for Luminar Neo...Maybe some if it will trickle down to fund your iPad DEV team.

</rant>

Bob Williams

One.more.thing.to.consider:

While someone rushes home to finish post-processing their prized photo shoot, I am editing in the field on a iPad and uploading before y'all even leave the job site - this is the real SMH moment....

David Torres

Hola uso luminar ai y luminar neo en macbook pro y la verdad es que me gusta, pero creo que si tuviera la versión para ipad sería de gran ayuda sobre todo cuando tengo que editar en desplazamientos , no tendría que llevar la tableta gráfica. Estoy pendiente del hilo por si hay alguna novedad . Saludos

Alina Skylum

Hi David Torres,

We will surely consider creating apps for mobile OS, including iPad, in the future.

David Gray

Dear Alina….you’ve been saying that for 2 years now.it’s obvious that you lot have no intention of branching out into the mobile world. I’m sure I’m not the first or last person to now drop usage of your skylum(Mac only) software. I’ve now moved onto Lightroom, who I believe will approach ai editing a lot quicker that you lot will bring out mobile software. I wonder how many others like me, who now do all their editing on an iPad, have moved away from your software.

Nick Anderson

Alina -

Unfortunately, I’ve gotta call BS on your statement. You’ve had far too long to to this and it feels like your company is just stringing us along. I’d love to be proven wrong but I, for one, have moved on to another company; and I think most of us have. Yall have MISSED a giant piece of market share, unfortunately.

PAPS NY

So much potential wasted...
    I'm moving to other apps too due to lack of support for the iPad Pro M1.

Mohammed Alhadi

I cannot believe you are still considering this and not even put in a plan. You are really under estimating the potential that has in boosting thee Luminar and all Skylum applications. I don’t know who is the decision maker here and whether he uses iPad or not, but if he uses I think he would straight away decide to produce an iPad app for Luminer Neo at least.

Nick Anderson

Yessir, Mr Alhadi, you hit the proverbial name on the head. If only the quality of the marketing dept and corporate higher-ups at Skylum matched the quality of their coders and software engineers! I ended up going to Capture One because they’re about to roll out an iPad version shortly. Yes, they’re more expensive but I think it’s a slightly deeper program that’s on its way to leaving Luminar in the dust; BUT the biggest advantage for me is the coming ability to integrate my iPad Pro into my editing workflow.

If Skylum ever gets their act together, I’ll reassess. Til then…. Capture One has been terrific! Especially with their optimization for Apple silicon.

Bob Williams

Nick,

Just in case you have been under a FUCKING rock for the last month, Ukraine is at war with Russia. The mere fact that they are releasing updates to Luminar is absolutely AMAZING.

As for me .... NAZAVZHDY UKRAYINA!

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, if the folks at Skylum  (I STILL love that name!) manage to survive, we WILL get a port to iPad...honestly, Pre-M1 chips are probably not up to the task on a iPad (Have you tried the iPad version of Affinity on a non-M1 iPad?

Oh...and Russia...you can go FUCK YOURSELF!

Proud FanBoy of Skylum and UKRAINE!

Mohammed Alhadi

Bob,

With all regard and sympathy with the victims of Ukraine war, we all know that the war started a month ago and this thread was open since a year ago. The entire community has been pleading - for a year long - to have the iPad version in plan, but the team at Skylum are still repeating that they are considering. I hope to hear that they put this in the planning. That is all what we are asking for.

Bob Williams

Mohammed,

While I agree with your assertion about the iPad Version - take a look again at my post for 2 reasons:

#1 (Most Important) Skylum has to release a product that works on a wide variety of iPads from a 16GB basic to my 1TB iPad Pro - THAT is a daunting task for a DEV team. And, after consideration, I conclude that Luminar believes that their products will only perform acceptably on a M1 or better iPad (try Affinity Photo on a Intel iPad and you will see what I mean...)

I will say that, after upgrading to my M1 iPad, I can actually use Affinity photo <W> so this sorta confirms my Luminar suspicions (RE: M1 requirement)

Take a look at my past posts, from 3 months ago - I slammed Luminar pretty hard about their lack of iPad Products (I had yet to have the M1 epiphany, however).

As for my post yesterday...I am not giving you or Nick a 'bye' on your comments (although I consider you colleagues and fellow photographers!! :)

Complaining about a lack of product availability while the DEV team is probably coding and working in a bomb shelter somewhere in Kiev seems to me inappropriate at this time

Sure a iPad version of Luminar on iPad would be nice (I have been begging for that myself for over a year too) but lets let Ukraine kick Russia's ass out of the country sandpit Russia on trial for war crimes before we work about getting the Skylum DEV Lab back in shape.

Think about it folks - they are releasing upgrades to their existing products DURING THE WAR. and they have said a iPad version is being considered (remember it might really need at lease a M1 to do all the magic you can do on your Mac (My MBP is a Intel Core i9 with 64GB RAM and 8TB SSD...slightly more powerful than a iPad :) :) 

And...as a former soldier...I have to gently comment to all that is is possible that their iPad DEV Team are possibly dead, wounded, or more likely on the streets of Kiev shooting the Russian invaders in the ASS!

I said it before and I say it again: NAZAVZHDY UKRAYINA!

Nick Anderson

Bob -

Nice language. I 100% support Ukraine but this discussion precedes the war by a very long time and has zero to do with the war. Have a great day.

Hilltops

Nick Anderson As of the start of the war, everything Ukrainian has to do with the war. This is not the time for posturing and saying things like "If Skylum ever gets their act together...." 

You -- and all of us -- should refrain from venting frustrations at this time. You say you support Ukraine 100%. Well, show it in your behavior and your words to the folks here at Skylum!

Bob Williams

Yup Nick,

FUCK RUSSIA is the (un)official battle cry of Ukraine so I agree, Nice Language!!

Brandon Phelps

Yes we need Neo on the iPad! Please

m0nd0i !

Neo on the iPad !!!!!

m0nd0i !

Neo on the iPad!

Please sign in to leave a comment.