Comments

39 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Member,

We don't have immediate plans for an iPad version right now, but this is definitely something we might consider for future development. Thanks for your feedback!

Comment actions Permalink

Make plans. Just don't consider it.
    Think about how much more user base it will create

Kathy Malatesta

An M1 iPad version of Luminar is an absolute must. You should be way beyond considering it. I'd be all in on permanently ditching Adobe but can't due to this issue. 

Rafael Lorenz

Also my wish!! (From Germany). I think the Tabletmarket is the future for Photoediting. Everyone else is already avtive on iPadOS. Why not Luminar? Don't let you to much time! Now it the best time with the new M1 iPad Pro.

Ginner Whitcombe

PLEASE bring all Skylum products to the iPad!
    I primarily use my iPad for all my photo and video editing now especially with the new M1 IPad Pro with 16GB of RAM. The thing is a beast! I love Luminar. Adobe has already brought near full pro support to IPad for photo editing with more updates on the way. Apple has hinted at bringing pro app support such as final cut and logic to iPad this year. So many creatives are using the iPad more and more as their primary editing device/work station. Do not wait until another developer fills this hole in the iPad market/Apple ecosystem before you get around to moving beyond “considering it”. First dog to the bowl usually gets the best feed. Adobe is pushing hard to be that dog.. I personally would love to see Luminar get there first!

We need Skylum Products on the iPad Pro with 1M chip !! :) Skylum you can do it better!! 

Tony Collins

"..definitely something we might consider.."

That is definitely a very non definite statement right there. 🙂

Uwe

Dear Team

I guess you have read all the passionate comments ... now you surely have a hot answer for us too ;)

Kate Williams

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for showing an ongoing interest in our software. It is much appreciated! 

At the moment, we're researching the market and the possibility of adapting our technologies to mobile platforms, including iPads. 

We don't have a precise date of when the new product ships for iOS just yet, but this is something we're looking into. Please be on the lookout for our news!

m0nd0i !

We need Luminar AI for IPadOS!!! Don’t consider any longer, bringing it out now!! 😀

Quike Kalpe

It's easy decision, iPad apps can't be installed hacked, all of us must to pay for them.

Mac OS apps can be cracked and installed easily, illegally, yes, but for free...

Even you can offer a bundle iPad/MacOS price and many people who have a pirate version on MacOS will leave the dark side... and go to legal.

So, yes keep considering it and losing revenue.

Mark Reardon

Skylum we are all waiting for you! But honestly Im going to start researching other products because this is old.

Fitim Mucaj

This is my fourth-fifth time looking into any news regarding Luminar AI for M1 iPad… sadly to see that it will take a while longer…  The answer of doing a market research for this development seems like a missing act… I’d suggest focusing on technology research on HOW-TO rather than IF adopt Luminar AI for iPad. It is a no brainer that photo processing on pen-based hardware is not the future but the present and as Skylum has done an excellent job on Luminar creation, this seems as the next thing to do :)

emanuel nk

Here to support this thread, just bought a brand new m1 iPad Pro, this is the only thing besides premiere I actually need for the iPad.

Jesse Morgan

I too am interested in this. Capture One has already announced an iPad M1 version and I plan on moving to the iPad when that comes out early 2022. Hopefully Luminar is available but I am moving either way. 

Heather Carslake LRPS

Same as Emanuel nk, I too have just upgraded to an M1 iPad Pro 12.9
    I would love Luminar to bring all its products to the iPad user. I have it on my main pc, but now finding I spend such a lot of time editing on iPad that product as good as this is sadly missing.
    Rather than Luminar updating its product (which is nice to see!) the above would be more useful, sooner rather than later!

Marion Robinson

We hear Luminar Neo is coming but like all the other comments before me where is Luminar for iPad Pro. Would have preferred to see that rather than new for OS. What’s the issue. Use iPad for travel and cannot edit with Luminar as I go. Please please work on this urgently. Thanks

ianfelix

I'll consider Skylum products only if avaible for iPad, as like I've done for Serif products.

Adnan Mansour

I purchased two seats , one for my Mac and the other for my iPad Pro M1. However, it seems from the previous conversations that I have wasted my money on a second seat I can't use!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Adnan,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can process a partial refund for you.

Adnan Mansour

Thank you Angela, Skylum support team have been very helpful and as a new member I am very impressed, congratulations.

I do most of my editing on a iPad Pro now so please bring this to iPad so it worth me getting.

Ovidiu Suteu

It is unfortunate that the competition has not only considered it but implemented it. I for one have ditched the Luminar (stopped buying new updates) in the favour of Affinity which works on both laptop and Ipad. I may consider getting back into the fold, if Luminar creates an iPad version. 

Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

Of course, we are considering developing a version for iPad. As of now, we don't have a precise ETA just yet, but as soon as we do, we will make sure to share the news with all of you :) Stay tuned!

David Gray

Hi Margaret…….Stay Tuned…we have done for the last 2 years….I think you need to change your “tune” on this and give us some actual real information. Skylum must be past the “thinking about it” phase by now.How about giving us the real information about a version for IPad, like 3-6 months or something or else give us the truth that you havn’t yet started producing a version for the iPad……as you can see there are thousands of us out there waiting in anticipation of some real news.

David Gray

No response yet from Skylum…..so started to look at alternatives…ON1 software looks really good and their 2022 upgrade includes a lot of AI and Sky replacement…..They also have an IPad App and although it doesn’t have all the “nuts and Bolts” of the desktop version, their president has said “enhancements to ON1 Photo RAW for mobile,” is imminent…….perhaps it’s time to move across to alternative companies who have a more enlightened view to Mobile software.

Thanks David. Good to know ON1 mobile app is upgrading soon. It was free to download. I use it and the raw camera on it. Think I’ll stick with it and look at their software. Ta

Leighton Gill

I'll buy Luminar the day it gets released on IpadOS.  Looking here, that may be never.

I'll go and check out ON1.

Kate Williams

Hi Guys,

Our first mobile app is Luminar Share. It is an app designed to make it easy to get photos from your mobile device to Luminar Neo Desktop (and back). This assistant will ship together with Luminar Neo this winter. 

Other apps are in development, but we have no specific news to share at the moment. We might have some news later in 2022, though. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.