Luminar AI for Linux, have you thought about it?

Answered

Comments

14 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Suso,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback! While we don't have current plans for a Linux version I'm happy to share your note with our development team for consideration.

Comment actions Permalink
    Suso GD

Thank you for responding, very grateful.

Kind regards.

Michael Grimm

Hello.

Will be a nice way for Linux USER . I bought Linux AI and it great.

But I like to have it on linux too. I work with linux more then Windows.

Maybe one Idea. Is there a way to install it with wine, lutris oder PlayonLinux.

Please do something for linux users. 

Thanks 

Flavio Lugli

yeah i agree, it would be nice

Peter Szajda

I agree a Linux version would been sweet! I am on Linux but need to dualboot just for Luminar Ai!
    I really wish you could make a Linux version and I pay happily again to get it

Best regards
    Peter

Alexander Klemd

I use Linux exclusively and have Windows in a VM. I recently bought Luminar AI, but old OpenGL drivers in the VM make it hard for me to use the software.

Please consider a linux version!

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Alexander Klemd,

Thank you very much for sharing your suggestion. I will make sure to forward it to a relevant team for consideration. Much appreciated.

Victor Cordero

Since 2018 waiting for Luminar for linux

Lawrence Emke

I have a chromebook. It seems you only support windows and mac. 

You are missing out on a large customer base, namely: linux (and chrome os).

Chromebooks are here to stay. Look forward in the 21st century, not back in the 20th.

I am ready to buy, but not until your tools are available for linux (or chrome os).

Please let me know when Luminar is available (any and all of Skylum products).

Lawrence.emke@gmail.com

Suso GD

I get the impression that photography software companies do not pass on their Linux products because they think they are not going to make money or it is a waste of time. Look at Steam, do you think the games are all free? There are great titles for sale and they have been transferred to Linux and their sales success has been extraordinary. Neither Adobe, Neither Capture One, Neither ON1, DXO Phololab, nobody has promised to pass their software to Linux, but pay attention, for MacOS yes! worth the irony being also a UNIX system.

Marcos Martinez

I think that it is also a good market choice, as it would be the only good image editor in Linux, so all Linux users are potentially a client (as everyone use and edit photos nowadays)

I also agree with Suso, it has support for Mac being a UNIX system, so it wouldn't be that hard to adapt it for Linux, and, again, there is a huge market out there.

And, as pointed by Lawerence, the Linux market is growing every day, so it is a future bet (a safe one I think)

I would buy the software, but I can't because I don't have a Windows machine or a Mac.

Waiting for Luminar to be available on Linux, until then I will keep editing my photos on GIMP, it is not as powerful though.

Dominik Lenoch

+1 for Linux support, I have a 2018 Macbook Pro for travel for which I bought two Luminar seats yesterday, but my second seat as a main computing machine is waiting with 12 overclocked cores with Linux. I use Darktable + Gimp, which is really promising software, but your neural network algorithms with a really simple GUI are a killer one.

Marco La

Hello dear Luminar team. I now own 2 Chromebooks and again 8 for the company. We would love to use Luminar again. Unfortunately I had to find out that there is still no ChromeOS / Linux version. I ask you to change this as soon as possible.

I agree, a port to linux is required.

Please sign in to leave a comment.