Bugs....are they going to get fixed?

Answered

Comments

2 comments

  • Official comment
    Avatar
    Helga Rowles

    Hi Chris,

    I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered with Luminar AI.

    I've tried reproducing the issue following your steps with one of my photos, but the photo returned to Lightroom just fine.

    If the issue reappears, could you please send us a video recording of what you do in the software before encountering the issue?
    You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

    Please, upload the original image that you're working with as well.

    Here's how you can send us the files:

    1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

     

    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Chris Page

    It's clearly never going to finish this export but turns out it's never going to cancel the export either, but cancelling by changes (was an export from lightroom), that's instant.

    Restart. Export photo from lightroom , AI opens @ 3.7Gb. Adds sky (blue sky 4 (527kb) and ram usage goes to 4.5Gb (so the sky module need 800mb of ram?). Defocus set to 3, 4.89Gb (defocus = +400mb). Fiddle with relight strength but no change +180mb, tinkers with local mask, fails to do anything on the sky, changes to decreasing template level (to tone down that sky - sky needs a strength slider of some nature) now on 5.7Gb. Clicks apply, 5.9Gb and oh hang on no evidence I ever did anything.

     

    Retry, luckily I've done this change so many times now I know exactly what I did oh and now it's just worked, exported quickly and loaded into lightroom quickly with no apparent logic to why it worked fine this time and not others, that took me around 40 minutes, I'm fairly happy with the change but it just is not worth the pain.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.