How to view .cube LUTs

Answered

Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Mort,

There is no way to preview LUTs, but you can save the preferred LUTs into custom templates that will be displayed like icons: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/customizing-a-luminar-ai-template 

Comment actions Permalink
    Siegmund Schulz

There is a way. Go to Programs in the Finder. Right click on the Luminar ai icon and select Show Package Contents. Then click on contents, frameworks, MIPLResources.framework, resources, defaultLuts in order. Here you can insert folders with your own luts. The next time you start the program you will get a preview of the luts.
    Translated from German to English with DeepL.

Mort Berman

Thanks Siegmund for the information.  I followed your instructions, but the LUTs previews still did not appear.  Am I missing something?

Siegmund Schulz

It works for me. Macbook pro m 1.

Mort Berman

I appreciate your reply and see that it works for you.  I followed your instructions, but can't get the same result.  I wonder if I'm missing something. 

This is my system.

Margaret Bright

Hi Mort,

I just would like to point out once more that there's no way to make LUTs show as preview icons (like templates do). But you can save the preferred LUTs into custom templates that will be displayed like icons: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/customizing-a-luminar-ai-template 

If you cannot add LUTs to your list at all, please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support, and they will help you sort it out.

The Thin

Hi Mort,

FWIW I was able to follow Siegmund Schulz's  How to add preview-able LUTS (on editing images) advice above in this thread without issue.

It works fine (for now)

As a caveat I have read elsewhere that if installing a future/new update say Luminar AI Update 1.3, the added LUT folder you added will be erased. For this reason I create LUT Pack Folder Backups. When transferring to the file location, that Siegmund advised, (on My MBP 2017 16 GB Ram) - /Applications/Luminar AI.app/Contents/Frameworks/MIPLResources.framework/Versions/A/Resources - I remove any instruction PDF's or other files that don't have the .cube ext.

I also note sage advice shown above by Margaret Bright and Helga Rowles, not tested by me at this stage, who have provided a template solution. Id say its probably the most desired solution when taking into account their expertise coupled with Luminar's stability and future issues possibly associated with upgrades. I'd like to hear definitively though 🤔 

Cheers Rossco

Please see attached screens.

Please sign in to leave a comment.