Comments

37 comments

Austin Miller

Hello Steve.

Could you please specify what is the issue with the Luminar 4 plugin for Photoshop on your Mac?

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve Kujubu

When you open/use Photoshop (M1 version) if you look in the filter drop down the L4 choice does not appear (like the intel version under rosetta - which I had previously been using). In L4, under plug-ins, it indicates that it is installed.

Austin Miller

Hello Steve.

Manually installing the plugin should help:

1. Make sure Photoshop is closed.
    2. In Finder, please click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar4/Plug-Ins/. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in is Luminar4Plugin.plugin.
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and navigate to Applications/your_version_of_Phothoshop/Plug-ins/Filters/
    4. Copy Luminar4Plugin.plugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.
    5. Launch Photoshop and see if you have Luminar 4 under Filter > Skylum Software.

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/c98d2c7bf8bc4a6c9e59c0f8a7ad6810 

Steve Kujubu

The plug-in is there already. Photoshop had an update today, I thought it may have been fixed but it was not. I think this maybe an Adobe issue, but you need to be aware of it. https://youtu.be/nuQfemWjEwg 

Kirk Osborn

Our tech team is aware of this issue and they are preparing a fix. Please stay tuned and check for updates.

Any update here?

Katherine Nelson

Hi! Right now, there is no ETA for the compatibility update. 

Meanwhile, we would suggest using Rosetta 2 emulation. It should help with using Luminar 4 as a plugin for Photoshop.

mark cattanach

Any ETA on fix yet? I bought Luminar today specifically to use as a plug-in on M1 Mac and don’t want to have to use an emulator just to get it to work.

Steve Kujubu

Hi Mark,

I'm the original person who posted this message. I believe it's an Adobe issue. It could be that Adobe has "locked" out 3rd party competitive products (just a guess) OR taking their sweet time with a fix. I really need the plug-in to work as its a real pain in the ... What I do is work in PS and export a quick png file. Then import that file into L4 and export out again. One thing to know, is that L4 exports an 8 bit file; so you will need to convert back to 16 bit (if that's of concern). Honestly, I don't use L4 unless I really need too till this issue gets resolved.

mark cattanach

Thanks Steve.

Is this issue resolved? It's been nearly 4 months and I would assume Luminar AI and Adobe would have addressed this issue before now.

Katherine Nelson

Hi,

We are planning to release an update soon. Stay tuned!

Topaz released an update this week for plug-in support...just saying...

With the latest release of Luminar AI version 1.3.0 the Photoshop plugin does not show. I've even manually copied the plugin to the correct directory. Please advise. It's my understanding in the release notes this issue was fixed in this release.

Margaret Bright

Dear Member,

Please get in touch with our support team at skylum.com/support and they will help you sort it out.

Steve Kujubu

I did this today and worked perfectly! *I believe that only the M1 Photoshop version will work with the M1 L4 version.

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010786520-How-to-download-LuminarAI-1-3-0-M1-compatible-version

Appears to work for AI but not Luminar 4 - AI now shows as plugin on Photoshop but still no Luminar 4.

Steve Kujubu

I’m not an expert but I would assume that you are on Apple M1, have M1 version of PS and L4 M1 version. If you are using the Intel version of any of those products, I would think that the plug-in would not appear.

Thanks Steve, that's correct, using Apple M1 & M1 version of Photoshop CC. Luminar 4 does appear as a plugin when I run Photoshop in Rosetta mode, but that sort of defeats the object of having the optimised version of PS.

Brian McDonnell

Mac Mini M1 and latest Photoshop version.  No Luminar 4 in my filters.  Removed and re-installed manual installation, and nothing works.  As for the idea of Adobe blocking things, my Exposure X6 installed perfectly as well as imagenomic plugins

Steve Kujubu

Dont know what to tell you, L4 AI (M1) and PS (M1) - I removed old (intel) versions and install new (apple M1) version and works perfectly!

Daniel Cao

Hi,

I've just downloaded the latest Luminar 4 from the website and install to my Mac Mini M1. Standalone and Lightroom plugin are working fine.However, Photoshop still doesn't show Luminar in Filter. Any update on the issue?

Elena O'Brien

Hi Daniel Cao,

Have you tried to install the plugin manually?

Daniel Cao

Yes, I tried to copy the plugin file to Photoshop plug-in folder and to the App support plugin folder, but it still doesn’t show in filter menu when starting Photoshop. I tried this on my Intel Macbook pro and it’t working fine.

Daniel Cao

Hi Elena,

Another data point is that, if I run PS under rosetta then Luminar 4 Plugin appears again under Filter menu.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Daniel Cao,

Indeed, for now, we recommend using Photoshop in Rosetta mode instead of the native M1 support if you want to use Luminar 4 as a plugin. 

Steve Kujubu

Daniel, 

The M1 version of L4 and  the M1 version of PS (as a plug-in) works perfectly. You need to follow the steps exactly as stated earlier. If you are using the Intel-based version of PS and the M1 version of L4 - it will not work. 

Daniel Cao

Hi Steve,
    Both AdobeCC and Luminar 4 are newly downloaded to a brand new Mac Mini M1, so it suppose to be both are M1 versions.
    I tried both methods of plugin install using L4 .menu, and manually copy the plugin file to PS plug-ins folder and neither works.

Steve Kujubu

Daniel,

I would double check that you are in-deed on the M1 version of PS. The M1 version will say in the info/about and have the wording "universal" VS Intel-version says "intel". Not sure what else, I can tell you. I followed the instructions above (btw, you might need to restart your computer a few times) and have been using it for a month with no problems.

Daniel Cao

Hi Steve,

To answer your question, I'm pretty sure my PS is M1 version. I've just bought the Luminar AI (which is on July 4th sale) and install the M1 version. The Luminar AI plugin appears immediately in PS Filter right after install, but the Luminar 4 plugin is still missing.

Please sign in to leave a comment.