Luminar AI keeps crashing

Answered

Comments

32 comments

Christine Ganal

Ich habe das gleiche Problem seit ich das neue Update 1.2 drauf gespielt habe

Comment actions Permalink

Auch bei mir ist es der selbe Fall, die Software öffnet sich dann dauert es nicht lange und sie schließt sich automatisch wieder.
    Bis vor dem Update lief die Software ohne Probleme

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! Please reach our support team for the further steps: https://skylum.com/support

Ella Evans

I have twice and have had no response

Dave Lightfritz

Skylum Support has usually gotten back to me within 7-10 hours. We have worked through a few different issues, including the crashing on start-up, etc.... I sent an event log yesterday and heard back this morning. 

Dave Lightfritz

Ella, I deleted the program and re-installed without updating to 1.2. The previous version worked great for me.

Ella Evans

ive also done that multiple times and its still crashing

Dave Lightfritz

Found this... hope it helps! If you are on a PC, to to Add or Remove Programs and follow the below

Please try the following:

1. Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    2. Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    3. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    4. Find the folder “LuminarAI” and delete it (it deletes your license for Luminarᴬᴵ too. Please, note that your Custom and downloaded Looks/templates will be removed, so make sure to save them somewhere);
    5. Go to Pictures and rename the folder called Luminar AI Catalog (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it).
    6. Install the app once again and launch it: http://skylum.com/download/luminar-ai-download 
    7. Choose to Create a New Catalog and add a small folder with images or a single image for editing.
    Achim Boening

and when i have done this all edits are gone. and afterv working on it took 5 or6 edits and it crashed again :-(

Dave Lightfritz

I'm just a guy on a computer, trying to help people out lol Understandably it is frustrating...

Ella Evans

This is incredible frustrating because that didnt work either

Dave Lightfritz

I have an application file that is working, but when I used to one from the website it crashed yet again. I deleted, went back to my other .exe file in my downloads folder on my computer and it is working for the 1.1 version. Feel free to email me davelightfritz@gmail.com and I can attach it for you. Maybe this will help limp you through your deadline...

Mark Lazarus

I too am now having this issue after months of flawless use and updates. Was using a template on a file - L-AI crashed. Subsequent restarts of L-AI show sp[lash screen, then the edit screen for a brief moment and then it crashes. I suspect it is trying to load up my last edit.

Support have not yet responded and I would like to avoid a re-install.

Does anyone know where the 'cache' is - perhaps if I can delete the latest image details from a cache I can get the software to startup.

Dave Lightfritz

The cache is located in the Catalog Folder "CacheDocuments". The comment from above that I posted about how to re-install the software seems to have worked for me. I followed the instructions and went to the Skylum site under "My software" and downloaded from there. This appears to be a direct download for 1.2.0 as it does not ask you if you'd like to update; however, it will delete anything you have or were working on (i. e. templates, skies, all catalogs) Hope this has helped!

Dave Lightfritz

Scratch that.. after about 30 minutes it is doing the same thing again... UGHHHHHHHHH

Austin Miller

Hello Mark and Dave!

Won't you mind returning back to the previous Luminar AI version while we are investigating the issue?

Here is the download link - https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/win/1.0.1/Win_Luminar_AI_1_0_1_Release_7521.zip

Dave Lightfritz

What's up Austin. I still have the previous version .exe. file in my downloads folder but will use this one if necessary. I went into the cache file in my catalog and dumped out the last 4 STATE files along with the cache_db file and 1.2.0 loaded back up after about 60 seconds of processing and my fans running on 100%. Hope this helps with your investigation, sir. Shoot me an email, davelightfritz@gmail.com if you'd like to see these cache files if it helps you in some way.

Thanks man!

Mark Lazarus

I just had Elena from support send me a 'new' version of L-AI to try. This has fixed my issue.

Its version 1.2.0 (7855) - don't recall the specific version of the one I was having the issue with.

Mark

Dave Lightfritz

Mark, that's the same one I crashed after 30 minutes lol 😆 I shall limp along while I am playing pac-man on my Atari at my grandma's house, on her old school TV, drinking Ovaltine and playing crossword puzzles 😂 🤙✌

Achim Boening

Same with me. Also got it - and crashed

Dave Lightfritz

Not sure of the origin of the issue.. however, it happened again this morning... I went into the cache file and deleted the last 4 files (by time and date) that had occurred, restarted the program and it booted back up. I have been able to use 1.2.0 since I did this. Not necessarily a fix to the issue, more so a band-aid that will hold until it gets wet.

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will send you a new build to try out.

Dave Lightfritz

Kirk, I sent a request to you via the link you inserted above. If you happen to see this first, feel free to send it to me directly, davelightfritz@gmail.com or dave@dubcityphotography.com

Thank you.

Dave Lightfritz

To whoever sees or is following this thread... I removed the previous Luminar Ai.. as well as went into the %appdata%\Luminar Ai folder and deleted all of it as well. Went to Skylum website under my subscriptions, reset my activations and downloaded Luminar Ai from the link there. I have been throwing the book at it so to speak, for the past 30 minutes or so and it has performed quite well. Seems to be running a lot more smoothly now. Best of luck to everyone! Enojoy the weekend, and thank you Skylum for working diligently to correct this issue!

Helga Rowles

Hi Dave,

I'm glad to hear that everything is fine now!

We've just sent you an email with a new build that should fix the issue you've encountered.

Have a great weekend too! :)

Dave Lightfritz

Hey Helga! Again, I appreciate everything that you guys are and have been doing! I saved the email for easy access and wish you the best. Happy Weekend!

Dubcityphotography.com
    Dave@dubcityphotography.com

Achim Boening

Hi Dave,

tried what you described.

Well it runs. 

But it crashed  2 times within 5 minutes

The good news: it can be startet again....

Please bring back the Stability oh Luminar 4

Achim Boening

2 Minutes more, half a foto edited - crashed again

:-(((((((

Blake Batson

Good day, 
    I've just gotten Luminar Ai last week and its crashing especially while using the erase tool or the dodge and burn, I've tried replacing the catalog and that hasn't worked either. Going to try downloading the previous version posted above and hope that works.

Please help

Regards

Please sign in to leave a comment.