SKYLUM INCOMPETENT TO FIX THE LUMINAR AI UPDATE 2 FOR WINDOWS 10? FINAL ANSWER?

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Ralph Quick

I think I resolved my crash issues after this update. I did not create a new catalog for this fix like on prior fixes as it became cumbersome when we all collect and create so many images and templates to recover for the new catalog. After corrupting my second catalog in 5 minutes this was my fix.

1. Uninstall Luminar AI.

2. go to Pictures/Luminar AI Catalog/CacheDocuments and delete the .data file.

3. go to Pictures/Luminar AI Catalog/PreviewCache and delete the cache_db file.

4. reinstall Luminar AI then launch the program.

When you revisit your Luminar AI Catalog folders after relaunching these new files were recreated with no issues. I did not bother deleting these files first and relaunch Luminar AI simply because I wanted assurance of a refreshed install.

Please post your results to help the community. So far I got it working this way since this has always been a database issue.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mathias Beller

Thanks! I followed your path but without uninstalling / reinstalling Luminar. While my first attempt to start after deleting the files failed, now it worked again and also retained my edits. Kudos to you!

Roy Blackwell

Normally I would also suggest not having your catalog inside the Windows Pictures folder. That can lead to other issues, namely many duplicate files being created.

Mathias Beller

Agreed - my catalog is placed outside of the pictures folder. Still, the solution works. Unfortunately, I guess that this will be only a temporary solution.

JOSE ANTONIO BARROSO SANCHEZ

muchas gracias RALPH QUICK segi tus instruciones y funciono perfectamente.

Ralph Quick

I totally agree with Roy B. and Mathias B. It is better on a separate backup drive or NAS.

To Jose Antonio; "En cualquier momento mi hermano. Compartir es demostrar interés."

Ray Blackburn

This is the first I’ve heard that the catalog should not be stored in the photos directory. What corruption or duplication of files could result?

What do I do if my catalogs are already in the Photos directory?

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Ray Blackburn,

Please, note that when you edit your images in Luminar, Luminar AI Catalog generates previews for each edit you apply and stores them in Luminar AI Catalog. All those previews will be then visible in Photos app.

In such case, simply move Luminar AI Catalog to any other folder but Pictures.

Please sign in to leave a comment.