Discover the new Luminar 4.3.3 update!

Pinned Answered

Comments

63 comments

After installing the patch, my Luminar don't work anymore and immediately crash when I try to open it! Reinstalling does not have an effect.

Update: First the support proposed me to reinstall the software, then to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++. Because there was no success, they found out that my hardware is incompatible with Luminar. But they were so friendly to provide me with the old 4.3.0 version. Now I have my working Luminar back. Unbelievable!

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

I had a similar issue on my desktop computer. After install I launch the app, see the splash screen for a few short seconds, and then nothing. I look in Task Manager and Luminar 4 is not running. Luminar 4.3.3 (7895) installed and works on my Dell laptop.

Elena O'Brien

Hi,

So sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Luminar!

Could you please send us event logs?

1. Try to start Luminar.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach them at http://skylum.com/support

A video tutorial on how to collect logs: https://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ian Murrell

Installed 4.3.3 update on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.867.

Working OK freestanding, also as plug in for Affinity Photo and ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021.

Dave Wallin-Eddy

Whatever this 4.3.3 update is, it has caused the same issue that AI has that renders it unusable.(Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\uctbase.dll) However i have never had issues with Luminar.

As with others posting the splash screen loads and than vanishes. Nothing happens. Error log highlights:

Luminar4.exe version 4.3.3.7895
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version 10.0.19041.789
    Exception code:Oxc0000409

Elena Blum

Hi Dave Wallin-Eddy,

Could you please let us know your hardware configuration?

A.Eber

Hi Skylum Team,

i´m very unhappy with the update 4.3.3. The previous Version was slow and buggy, this one is totally unusable due to some serious rendering problems. The edit menus disappear when moving the mouse over them, when changing parameters, the image flickers, gets wildly zoomed in and out. 

Is there any possible way to get back to 4.3.0. until these major problems are fixed?

Bernd Pesteike

Hi Skylum Team,

since Dec 2020 I wasn't able to start any EXE-Installer from Skylum neither Luminar 4.3, nor Luminar AI nor Aurora - nothing works under Win 10 H1 as I wrote in several mails to your support (no answer until now!).

So, please be so kind and send me / us the links for the offline MSI-installer for the new updates for Luminar 4.3.3, Luminar AI 1.2 and Aurora. I will give it a new try.

Thanks in advance and kind regards from Germany!

Elena Blum

Hi A.Eber,

Please contact our support team and we will do our best to assist you https://skylum.com/support

Hi Bernd,

I will send you the email. Please also check your spam folder.

M L

Does anyone experience a working Luminar 4.3.3 which actually is more performant than the previous version?
    I currently really have my doubts what you are doing...with each update there are so many issues that I have big fear installing it although I usually always install updates immediately. :-/

Roy Blackwell

Luminar 4.3.3 works ok on my Dell laptop. Does not work on my much older desktop computer. I reverted back to 4.3.0 on the desktop. 

M L

Hey Roy, thank you. Could you discover any speed or stability improvements with 4.3.3?

Gary Hutchings

This is EXACTLY why you will never get another penny of my money. 

I had to be a tech myself to get the program running in the first place.

Install your "Bug fix", and you killed my install of Luminar 4. 

I HAVE WORK TO DO! I don't have time to stop every time you feel like breaking the program to try and FORCE SELL Luminar AI.. 

At this point, you have cost me more money than I have invested in the program. 

Bordering on criminal incompetence. 

I curse the day I purchased your buggy, "next version!" sales pitch software. 

SHAME ON YOU!

What did it feel like trusting the update? See the image. 

Gary Hutchings

You need to have people backup their Database, uninstall the old version. Then have them install the new version . Stop pushing it as a patch. Trying to patch the existing version killed my install.  

I am back up and running, but this is just stupid. 

After stopping me dead in my tracks to fix what the "patch" did to my install, the program does appear to be faster. 

It still loses export paths on the regular, but there may be some benefit to going through the hell of upgrading, speed wise. I am up too late fixing this, I will report more tomorrow. 

Dave Wallin-Eddy

@Elena Blum  - System is the exact same as it has been for Luminar 3 and 4 (up to 4.3.3) and there have been zero isues. So it is not the system - it is something in the patch for 4.3.3 that broke it.

I am uninstalled and reinstalled per what Gary was suggesting, plus that is what I was told to do over and over again with AI so I suspect that would be the next thing I will be told to do.

So it uninstalled everything and reinstalled the latest 4.3.3.7895 version and made zero difference. Get the load up screen asks for email, launches window loading and than nothing happens. Error log state ucrtbase.dll is the issue.

As suggested by Bernd Pesteike could you please provide a DDL for the installer. In my case for the prior working version, NOT 4.3.3

Henri Thébault

Hi,

Crap! I should have come here first . I see I am not the only one with the issue. I just decided to buy Luminar after testing it as it does indeed save ma a lot of time  ... when it is working.

Did you notice that your main website is down as well?

So, please help.

Henri Thébault

Just for information

Gary Hutchings

This is Coding on the programs side. They are breaking something in the registry or just interfacing with the DLL/Video card driver in an improper way.   The error itself is old, so, they just missed something simple. Should be able to fix it, but not before they brought everyone's product to a grinding halt. 

"What Causes the Error 0xc0000409?

When you launch an application, you may encounter an exception error 0xc0000409. This error means that there is a malfunction in your system operation. The common reasons always include following:

• The incorrect or failed installation of application that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry;"

"ucrtbase.dll is something fairly new and affiliated with Visual Studio"

"What is ucrtbase.dll? UCRtBase stands for Universal C Runtime Base

The genuine ucrtbase.dll file is a software component of Microsoft Visual C++ by Microsoft.
    Microsoft Visual C++ is an IDE developed by Microsoft. Ucrtbase.dll is a dynamic link library file that is associated with Microsoft Visual C++"

"Other info: ucrtbase.dll is used by Visual Studio and is associated with the Release build, where as ucrtbased.dll is associated with the debugger build."

All we can do is hold on, pray that they figure out what they did. Without access to internal Knowledge Bases, we won't know. 

If it were not a problem with their coding, this is a general solution for issues to do with these files.. I wouldn't bother, this is coding on their end.. But here it is anyway .. 

"The URCTBASE.DLL is the dynamic link library file associated with Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package.

Please try these steps:

1. Try to repair all the Visual C++ files in control panel - program and features

2. Try to run Microsoft Visual Studio to repair all the C++ DLL files

3. Restart Machine

4. If that doesn't work then try repair all the Visual C++ files then clean install Luminar/Adobe applications.

If updates to Virtual studio are needed, this is where they are found. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

Hope this help!"

Henri Thébault

Wait what? sorry I am just a graphist and not a developper.

You know, I recently bought a car, I was expecting it to start  as soon as I press the On switch for ignition and guess what ? it works! I did not have to install the engine myself and it even cames with the wheels already mounted.

A software is a complex thing, I kind a get it, but I am pretty sure you shouldn't sell it before it is performing the task your customers are paying for.

And I am pretty sure that you shouldn't either tell them to fix the problem themself.

Agatha Winter

Hi Henri,

Your anti-virus software and firewall may be the issue. Please try the following:

If the solution above doesn't work, please send us your Hosts file for review via https://skylum.com/support. The file is located here:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/8b91ade5057d4d3192c933fbd025f9f5  

Rudolf Fischer

I have the same problem. After the splash Screen I have the same error :(

Win 7 64 Bit

Ati Radeon HD 7900 Serie

Gary Hutchings

"Your anti-virus software and firewall may be the issue" "If your router has a firewall, temporarily disable it as well."  <------------- WOW!!!  No actual technical support..   'Why don't you try dropping all your cyber defenses? Maybe that will fix our coding'.  You lack the most basic trouble shooting skills. You literally have no idea what you are doing.  .  I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was this bad..   I give up.. 

M L

I was really brave and installed the 4.3.3 from 4.3.0, It worked and Luminar starts. I can't feel any significant speed boosts. Exporting, loading, cloning tool still feels the same.Honestly I am pretty disappointed, because I know - if at all one more update will come - the next update will again need months of waiting for very less improvements.

Gary Hutchings

Foundational question in Technical Support "What changed in your environment?"

What changed in EVERYONE's environment is "Luminar's code"... 

2nd Foundational Questions "Can you reproduce the issue"

Yes, we can, just try to run or install the new version.  

Stop pretending that something other than your software is broken. 

You need to start hiring some real Tech support people, or you need to go out of business.   Just the plain cold facts.. 

Henri Thébault

Hi,

I can confirm that turning off the antivirus is working.

At least with me.

Gary Bowen

Not happy with this update as L4.3.3 no longer launches from LR 6.2 the way 4.3 did. Tired of seeing Welcome to Luminar 4 every time I try to edit via launch from Lightroom.

How do I get the previous version back?

M L

@Skylum: Is there any plan to provide another update with performance improvements/fixes. It is known since the launch of Luminar 4 that your users are facing bad performances while loading/switching pictures or exporting. Any plans or do you don't put any more energy in it because you only focus on Luminar AI?

Helena Carter

Hi Gary Bowen,

I'm sorry you're facing issues. Please, reach us via skylum.com/support so we could assist you with that in a more effective way.

Gary Bowen

Hi Helena -

Thanks, I'll write this evening or in the morning. Have a good day!

Chris Larson

Is this version 4.3.3 just a ploy to encourage us all to buy Luminar AI? I received an email urging me to upgrade to this version and now it won't load at all. Now I see the fix is to blow the old installation off the PC and start from scratch.

Screw that! All Skylum software is now on my crapware list. I did not even get a year's use from my purchase. Perfectly happy to continue using RawTherapee and GIMP combination for the future. I won't fall for the bribed online reviews any more.

Please sign in to leave a comment.