Colorize B&W photo's

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Danny,

I can see that being very useful, especially when restoring old photos. I'll be happy to share your feedback with our development team for consideration.

Comment actions Permalink

Hi Danny - I saw that Angela had already shared your idea with the eng. team (she's so great at that! ;).

Being a fan of both B&W and selective color myself, I'm curious about your idea. Totally agree that masking manually by hand sucks. But how would the AI know what you want to be colorized?

I can imagine maybe it guessing based on color tones and then presenting a few choices to select from. Or, what did you have in mind?  Thanks, Kevin

Danny Christie

There are programs that are starting to hit the market.  I tried picture Colorizer to see what it is all about and it does a pretty good job bring in color to a B& W photo.  It allows you to fine tune it and have certain amount of control.  I believe colors have a signature in the black and white world so it would be great if luminar AI writes an extensive algorithm to figure the shades of grey to what color it represents.  Its quite amazing when the photo turns into color and you just have to fine tune it.....Luminar AI is still fairly new to the industry but their AI is getting better every release/updates....

Keith Newton

Just a suggestion . Add An AI for adding color to black and white photos.  Any Updates ?

Elena O'Brien

Hi Keith Newton,

We have no immediate plans for implementing the colorizing tool right now, but we will make sure to keep it in mind.

Please sign in to leave a comment.