LuminarAI & Sky

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Sergei Drovetski

Skies are .jpg files.  I just take pictures of skies and use them in LuminarAI.

Comment actions Permalink
    John Dotson

Sergei, not sure I understand what you mean when you say "just take pictures."  I know you can use your own sky photos as a collection...

Sergei Drovetski

I go outside with a camera, point it upwards and take a picture of the sky in .CR3 format. When I come back home, I download the picture to my laptop, edit it and save as .jpg.  After that, I move that .jpg file into the Custom folder in the Skies folder on my computer.  Then I open an image in SkylumAI and if I want to use that sky file to replace the sky in that image, it is now available under Custom skies in the sky menu.

John Dotson

OK, I understand.  Thanks!

Is there a way to group custom sky files and rename them?  Like Beach Sky, Winter Sky, etc.?

Sergei Drovetski

I did not try it yet, but what would happen if you sort them into subfolders in the Custom folder?  That what I would try first.

Elena Blum

Hi John Dotson,

First of all, please unzip the downloaded pack. On Mac, simply double-click the zipped file. On Windows, right-click the .zip file to select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.

Here’s how you can upload custom skies:  

• Load a picture with the sky that you want to replace in Luminar.
    • In the top-bar menu, select the Edit tab.
    • In the right Tools panel, scroll down to the Creative section.
    • Choose SkyAI > Sky Selection. 
    • Scroll down the list of the pre-installed skies > Load Custom Sky Image. 
    • A dialog window will open where you'll need to navigate to the folder with your skies and choose the one you need. 
    • Confirm the selection and enjoy the tool!
    • SkyAI will work with your own photos if they are in one of the following formats: JPEG, PNG, and TIFF

If you'd like to add these skies to the default menu drop-down menu, click SkyAI > Sky Selection > Show Custom Skies > copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

John Dotson

Thanks Elena.

When I download the Twilight Sky group, I do not get a zip file. The images come in separately to my downloads folder as .jpg.  That is what was so confusing.  I have had to select each image separately and place them in the "Custom" category of Skies.  It would also be nice to be able to place them in a named group like the other Skies collections rather than have them in "Custom."

Thanks again for any help.

John

Elena O'Brien

Hi John Dotson,

Thank you for your feedback, appreciated! I will make sure to pass it to our devs, so possibly, we can add a possibility to sort out and organize your skies in the future.

Please sign in to leave a comment.