Luminar Ai crashes since Update 2

Answered

Comments

15 comments

Same here (or actually worse)!

Complete crash-fest after update, had to roll-back to previous version in order to use Luminar AI.

An urgent fix is needed!

Comment actions Permalink
    Elena Blum

Hi,

The issue will be investigated by the tech team right now.

Please try following the steps below:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar AI Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar AI Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.
    Ray Blackburn

Elena, this does not work.  

I received a support email suggestion to move an old catalog backup file into my main catalog directory and add .luminarai to the end of it.  Basically the same thing as renaming an existing catalog.

If you try to launch AI in the normal way, you don't have the chance to change catalogs before the software crashes.

I figured out that you can launch AI by double clicking on a catalog.  I did this with my restored backup catalog.

I successfully edited a few photos.  While doing some composition changes to a JPG, CRASH!!!!!  Program is gone again.

Christoph Utfeld

New installation and renamed the old catalog  (was okay). The catalog was crashed.

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

I am so sorry you are facing issues with Luminar!

Could you please send us event logs?

1. Try to start Luminar.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your email.

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

John McAtee

Update 2 has been crashing for me also, becoming totally unusable when I added some skies bought from you..  I will back these out, but am thinking you may have rushed this release.I

Edit Update:  I minimized the number of folders in profiles/Sky Textures down to 5 (i.e., Sunrise, Sunset, Blue Sky, Dramatic and Night), put every image into those five and the app settled down and seems to be running fine. 

Jeffrey Wolk

I renamed the "Luminar AI Catalog.luminarai" file, and the "Luminar AI Catalog" folder. It did not change anything. I am using Luminar Ai as a plug-In for Photoshop 22.3. I don't think the catalog is being accessed when it is being used as a plug-in. 

Jeffrey Wolk

Is it possible to roll back to the previous version of Luminar AI while we are waiting for a fix?

catherinemullarkey0

My Luminar keeps crashing out too, you turn it on , just appears & gone again. This is just dreadful.

Tried uninstall & re install bit no use. Tried the rename catalog also but no use, please give us a fix quickly

Catherine Millarkey

Donna de Chabert

Just wanted to chime in. Me too!

Austin Miller

Hello catherinemullarkey0 and Donna!

Would you be so kind as to send us the logs by following the instruction below?:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to this email.

Here is the video tutorial on how to collect logshttps://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6 

Jane Hewitt

I am so frustrated with Luminar Ai at the minute - I have yet to have a session where it didn't crash and freeze my PC completely. I can't download any of the templates included in Membership as it just crashes whilst trying to do so. When it does work it's brilliant but I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the effort - so disappointed 

John McAtee

Freeing space on my C drive to where I have about 250 GB free stopped subsequent freezes and crashes.  I am thinking I may need to up memory from 12 to 16 with all the other stuff I have running, including various browsers and PS.  Right now, every thing's working just fine, although a tad slow.  From a performance standpoint PS seems to be the most sluggish. 

Donna de Chabert

Luminar AI died on me after the update. Crashed, and wouldn't open again.

I removed it and reinstalled and it's working fine again. Maybe the same thing will happen again, but for now, the program works fine.

Just throwing out there for anyone who hasn't already tried it.

Wisnu Purwanto

Happened to me with Luminar AI update 3 as Lightroom plugin. Typically after worked with 2 or 3 photos, Luminar AI will crash or shutdown (lightroom still running) or the lightroom hanged.

Once restart, it work fine for 2 or 3 photos before similar problem happened again. Very annoying.

I'm using PC Desktop i7-4790 CPU @ 360GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVidia Geforce GT610, installed in 256 GB SSD, free space never less than 60 GB, 

Please sign in to leave a comment.