Luminar AI Crashes Constantly

Answered

Comments

88 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Arnold Delgado,

I'm really sorry you're facing this issue with LuminarAI. As far as I see, you never reached out to us via email. Could you please reach out to us via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you?

Comment actions Permalink

This software is hands down the worst app I have ever worked with. It crashed every few seconds and most of the work would be just gone. Absolute disaster

[This comment has been moderated]

Margaret Bright

Dear Member,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing.

We kindly ask you to email us via https://skylum.com/support - our techs will gladly help you fix this.

It would also be very helpful if you could provide our team with the error logs:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your support request.
    Greg Lipps

anyone have any suggestions on performance improvement - Luminar AI is driving crazy! I have imported approx 200 photos for a job I concluded over the weekend.  When I move from one to the next, it is taking forever to render the photo to edit - about every other photo, it locks up and I end up "force quit" the app and starting over.  This has been going on for 3 days - I am running a brand new Mac M1 with 16 gb ram, fresh memory and I have installed the specific M1 version - I don't want to deal with the generic "contact customer support" response to never get a response and just be lumped in with the apparent multitude of users experiencing similar issues.

Agatha Winter

Hi Greg,

Sorry to hear that you have issues with the performance!

It would help us a lot if you could clarify some additional details: 

1. How much free space do you have on your drive?

2. Where are your photos located? (internal, external drive)

3. How many images are there in your Library?

Please reach out to our support team at support@skylum.com and they'll see how the situation with the performance can be improved in your particular case. Thanks!

Michael Smith

I like Luminar AI a lot, but the fact that it still crashes in conjunction with Sky AI and changes after inserting a new sky really sucks! I even bought a new gaming computer so that Luminar would run smoothly. Skylum please fix this bug asap.

Agatha Winter

Hi Michael, - I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience faced! It seems to be a known issue. Recently, our techs have detected a memory leak after using Sky AI which may cause the app to slow down or even crash after it was used. They're working on a fix right now. Hope for your understanding. 

Solved the problem on a MacBook Pro. Tried to edit a JPG and this resulted in Luminar AI continually crashing even after trying to open a Cannon RAW CR2 file. Solved the problem by deleting the Cache file and all history logs. Not going to try an edit a JPG again. Will stick to RAW.

Deirdre Bridges

Having problem crashing after  using for 10 mins using windows 10

Helga Rowles

Hi Deirdre,

We have just reached you via email. Please check your inbox.

I downloaded for trial... and immediately started crashing in AI module and when tried to export photo... Interesting, if I purchase, will there be refund... trail On1 as of now stable operating...

Helena Carter

Hi Member,

Yes, we have a 30-days money-back guarantee. Also, if you're facing any issues, we'd be glad to assist. Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support and we'll figure this out.

Wendy Knapp

Is there a solution yet for the constant crashes?

Yes, different reinstall/install/delete schemes… i quit trying and switched to other software.

Agatha Winter

Hi Wendy,

I'm very sorry to hear that Luminarᴬᴵ does not run smoothly on your computer! We're currently investigating these crashes and do hope to prepare the fix as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support and we will see if there is something that could be done in your particular case. Thanks in advance!

Lisa Currey

My computer crashes every time I try to run Luminar AI.  I get frustrated and give up on my edits. What is the fix???

Lisa

Elena O'Brien

Hi Lisa Currey,

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Luminar AI!

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support and we will get you all the help needed ASAP.

As soon as I open the program and upload my catalog it crashes. I can barely make one edit before it crashes. I need a solution asap!

Hey Luminar support can you advise how we arrange a refund please? Facing the same problem as the other people here, only purchased a couple of days ago and shocked that this issue appears to be known and unfixed for at least 7 months judging by this thread. Disappointed as the software is very useful when it works, but not worth waiting 10 minutes for the program to respond after every edit. Cheers

Helena Carter

Hi Member,

Please, note that our money-back period is 30 days, however, we'd be glad t assist you with the issue you're facing if you reach out via skylum.com/support

Aaron Thompson

Also experiencing frequent crashing, particularly when working with clone and stamp. Honestly wish I'd taken the refund when I had the chance but hoped a new computer would lead to a better experience. Skylum, your application is a slow, buggy mess and makes me long to go back to getting rinsed by Adobe every month for Lightroom.

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Aaron Thompson!
    I'm terribly sorry to hear that you encountered those crashes.
    Kindly reach us at https://skylum.com/support, we will be glad to troubleshoot the issue so you can enjoy editing in Luminar. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Unfortunately, I've been having the same issues with Luminar AI. It constantly crashes and/or freezes. It's basically unusable at this point. I am very disappointed with the money that I wasted purchasing this. This seems to have been a known issue, and should have been fixed before continuing to be sold to customers.

Elena Blum

Hi Member,

I definitely understand your concern. Please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to take a closer look at what’s going on right away.

Eelco-Nicolai van den Bosch

I have been having the same issues for months. It's unusable. Lost hours of work. Keeps crashing if there are too many photos edited. Thats the main use of the program. I check the comments and this has been going on for months. Cant keep using this program. Somthing that should take 5 mins take hours as I have to redo photos multiple times or my templates get corrupt. Now just says your template. Deleted all the info. Thought it was my old computer. New computer same thing. I am using ryzen 9 and 3080. Can run games easily with rtx on high without issues. Can edit 120 footage on premiere no issue. Can't edit photos with luminar ai.
    Really disappointing it's not getting optimised or fixed and all your comments just say sad to hear and to send our specs. Fix this, we don't have to deal with this

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Eelco-Nicolai van den Bosch!

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the issue you encountered.

Kindly reach us at https://skylum.com/support, we'll gladly investigate it!

Dominik

It´s a shame! No solution for this problem since 8 months??? Embarrassing...

Is there anyone who was helped by the support or is contacting and logging just more waste of time, like trying to edit more than 5 Pictures with Luminar AI?

Frequent reinstalling or catalog-switching does not count...it´s no solution!

Jasher Simmons

I think I may have resolved the issue...maybe...

1. Part of the tech specs for Luminar Ai for it to run on an SSD with like 10GB free space.
      My computer is a mid-tower (big bastard) with like 4 HDDs in it

2. My OS (Windows 10) runs on an SSD.

3. My data (pictures etc) is stored on an orbital (old school) HDD.

4. The default location for the Luminar AI software to generate its catalogue is in the 'Pictures' folder.
      In my case, that means it's trying to run the catalogue an old orbital HDD...slow and painful.

5. I renamed the catalogue folder and rebooted the software to build a new catalogue
      (per Luminar staff instructions).

6. Luminar AI prompts me to create a new catalogue.

7. I direct it to install in the following location on my SSD drive
      C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\Catalogue

8. It tells me 'Admin permission required

9. I exit the software and reboot it by right clicking and 'run as administrator'
      Now I can install to C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\Catalogue

10. I reboot the software and it's immediately running 10x faster than it was before.
      No issues on the catalogue yet. Touch wood.

In closing it seems like Luminar AI does some heavy lifting to the 'Catalogue' location.

Make bloody sure that this is on an SSD or you will be running the software on a system which fails to meet the required specifications...

The only other thing I wonder is whether there is an unfriendly interaction between Luminar AI and OneDrive. Both of them very actively managing the same location could have negative consequences.

Please sign in to leave a comment.