Luminar AI Crashes Constantly

Answered

Comments

88 comments

Helga Rowles

Hi Özgür,

We have sent you an email with the instructions that can help you resolve the issue. Please check your inbox.

Comment actions Permalink
    Julian Klaßen

Same issue for over 10 days now. error report was send

Kate Williams

Hi Julian ,

As far as I can see, you've been contacted by our support team today. Please try out the suggestions by my colleagues. Hope they help. 

If you don't see an email from support@skylum.com, kindly make sure to check the Spam folder. 

Kapten Redeye

My AI crash after update. PLEASE HELP. 

WINDOW 10

Helga Rowles

Hi Kapten,

We sent you an email with suggestions that can fix the issue you've encountered. Please check your inbox. 

Maarten Ivens

I have the same problem! How can I resolve this?

Same issue with me too

Deane Gardner

Contact customer service. There is a test build available which fixed the issue on my pc.

Same problem. I installed it yesterday and did some tests with a couple of pictures. With the crash I lost the results, but it's good that it happened so early, so I can stop using it before a greater damage happens. I will deinstall the SW, try to get money back  and will surely come back when there is a stabile version, because there are a lot of great features in the SW.

Elena O'Brien

Hi,

If you are still facing issues with our software, please reach out to our support team at http://skylum.com/support 

Alberto

I was editing a photo and the program crashed when I adjusted the composition.

When I then opened Luminar AI again, it closed immediately and this happend everytime.

I was able to fix this by removing the photo I was editing from the folder it was in. After I did this, Luminar is working again.

Alan Smithers

Keeps crashing for me too and I'm on a Mac so does seem to be a problem across both platforms. So frustrating.

I am having this issue of crashing as well. Doesn't matter what photo I'm editing it crashes after a few edits. Not even using templates just the normal AI edits. I can't even edit a single photo without the program crashing entirely.

Aida Gordon

I am curious as to why a global solution or fix isn't pushed out to all users or at least to those experiencing the crashes? Why is the solution emailed per person instead of published? Is it just renaming the Luminar AI Catalog and creating a brand new one? I've been doing this every time the software crashes. It's a band-aid solution. With several already submitting crash logs etc, the developers haven't been able to identify the common factors causing the crash? To everyone who reported problems here, I'm curious to know if your pictures are in RAW or large file sizes. So far I've noticed that the software doesn't crash if the image I'm editing is mega large ie RAW. In jpeg pictures from my phone, the software crashes intermittently when I use Atmosphere AI but it doesn't crash when I'm editing a RAW image so I wonder..

Mike Forsman

Aida Gordon I'm confident that if Skylum had a "global solution or fix" they would provide it to their users as soon as humanly possible... the problem is they ain't got one! Oh, another issue... a clue -- they also don't got one of those.

Seriously, I believe they are doing their best, and probably hating it as much as we are (but at least they have our money to cheer them up a little).

Both Luminar AI and Luminar 4 keep crashing when trying to open. I tried with a new catalog and it crashed again. Latest Big Sur on MacBook Pro, worked well until latest upgrade to 4/AI. It's a lot of $$ for a program I can't use.. I hope a fix comes soon.

Geoff walker

I have the same issue, everything is working fine then it gets stuck on an image and will not start until I have found a way of deleting the file in the catalogue. Highly frustrating, yet when everything is working its great.

Helena Carter

Hello Everyone,

If you are still facing issues with our software and need our assistance, please reach out to our support team at http://skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help.

Jaro Pitkänen

Luminar AI started crashing for me too. I tried reinstalling, but to no avail. The link to support Helena has posted above is not working. Any suggestions?

Anastasia Davis

Jaro Pitkänen Please write an email to support@skylum.com and we will do our best to help you.

Bill Goldman

After trying all their suggestions, I gave up and got my money back. I built a new computer last summer specifically for photos and video. RYZEN 3900X with 64GB of ram and latest Windows 10 Pro. Continued to crash till I threw in the towel. I am stuck with Luminar 4 which continues to crash. It started crashing after they did a update. I bought AI believing that they would have fixed whatever was causing the problem in 4. They fooled me.

Jaro Pitkänen

I use it mainly as a PS plugin. It seems to work for one edit, but then crashes on the second. Everything else works on my PC without problems. I tried reinstalling it, but it didn't help. I have just stopped using it altogether.

Same issue here, working mostly with CR2 Files. I really like Luminar AI but it is very difficult to work with ATM.

@Skylum Please fix these issues.

Kate Williams

Hi Tristan,

The crashes discussed in this thread pertain to the ntdll crash in Luminar AI 1.2.0 and they have already been resolved in 1.3.0. They occurred after a combination of Composition AI + Atmosphere AI. 

If you're experiencing stability issues in the latest update (1.3.0), please review your workflow:

If you've used the Sky AI / Augmented Sky AI tools and the app crashed shortly afterward, most likely, you're experiencing a new issue that's been detected in this update. Our techs are already working on a fix, and it will be rolled out in the next update. 

In this case, you can navigate to the Pictures folder > locate the Luminar AI Catalog folder > change its name > after this, roll back to the previous update: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/win/Win_Luminar_AI_1_2_0_Release_7855.msi (this build contains a fix for the Composition AI+Atmosphere AI crash).

If you don't use the aforementioned tools in your workflow, please contact us at https://skylum.com/support  so we could check what exactly is causing the issue on your end. 

Chris Page

Guys, I was finding AI totally unusable not long ago, it did usually open but would just crash at random with no message of any sort (the updates have made no odds), standalone or as a lightroom plugin.

I did some rummaging in event viewer and as a result I have changed my page file setting - I have a 16Gb machine and with a page file of 24gb I am finding Luminar AI is now stable. 

I'm not saying it will solve your problem but for me it has made it reliable as the program is inexplicably memory hungry.

I do not use the system managed page file size so I don't know if there are any issues with that but if you've got the disk space it might be worth a shot at setting (I have 16Gb ram, I don't remember what size I started with but the system recommendation was 6.8Gb so was far too small for where I have ended up as stable).

FRANCIS SANTIAGO

Same issue here. I paid money for this and what I get is a crashing Luminar. I'm not happy..

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys!

If you are still facing issues with Luminar, please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Rahul Verma

Same problem. I do not know if I want to stick and wait for the update/fix or ask for refund. It is frustrating app.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Rahul Verma ,

Please reach out to us via https://skylum.com/support we could take a closer look at the issue you have encountered.

Arnold Delgado

This is beyond frustrating!! If this was a free app service it would be ok but I’ve paid (or should I say wasted) $160.00 for a completely useless app that promises the world and delivers nothing!!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.