Luminar AI Update 2 Available Now

Pinned Answered

Comments

60 comments

Robert Grenader you uninstall and then refuse to update to latest version.

The last update is a complete bugfest.

Comment actions Permalink

Hola.
    Hace 3 días realicé la instalación de Luminar AI y me permitió la instalación e incluso editar una imagen, pero al momento se cerró y no me dejó hacer nada nuevo ya que no se abría.
    La desinstalado y volver a instalar pero cuando intento abrir se produce un "Pestañeo" y no se abre. Imposible con otras actuaciones.

Robert Grenader

Well, since my request for the pre 1.2.0 version of AI has not been addressed, I am abandoning AI and reverting to Luminar 4.  I miss the templates and interface that AI offers, but since I cannot see any of the program features when invoked as a plug in from LR and PS, I can no longer justify the impact it has on my business. And I am not willing to modify my workflow to suit an undependable application.

When Skylum responds or releases a patch, I will reconsider. 

joanne baugh

Hello, I only do this for fun...every time I open it...I get the whirly circle of doom and crash...It is an expensive investment for hobby for it not to work at all

Katherine Nelson

Hi joanne baugh! Please reach out to our support team and we will do our best to help you: https://skylum.com/support 

Joan Pellicer

No hay manera de utilizarlo, 5 minutos al inicio y ya... Y el rato que ha funcionado no se veían las ediciones. 

Katherine Nelson

Hi Joan Pellicer,

Please reach out to our support team and we will do our best to help you: https://skylum.com/support 

joanne baugh

404 error when you click the link to get to the support team

Roy Blackwell

FYI... 
    https://skylum.com/support (Katherine's link has extraneous characters in it)

Karl Buckholtz

ever since the latest Luminar AI update the program is almost unusable....constantly crashes,closes out....back to using Luminar 4 until stability issues are resolved...using windows 10

Romana F.

same for me, it crashes on every start since 2 hours. Can't even use it at all. The error log shows a corrupt ntdll.dll file - which was fine until one hour ago ;) (had no updates which could have caused this).

Munjal Joshi

Keeps crashing after the update, I'm fed up now.

Philippe CARON

Quelle misère de lire tous ces crashs de Luminar AI .... on nous a refilé une version test, une pré-béta en cours d'évaluation.
    Nous sommes tous des cobayes qui ont payé pour cela .... skylum va se faire une très mauvaise réputation!

Jorge Vieira

Desde que fiz o último update em Março (Atualização 2) o Luminar AI deixou de funcionar. Abre, entra no ecrã principal, crasha e fecha. Desde a atualização, não consigo utilizar o Luminar AI.

Joan Pellicer

Si abro Luminar 3 y luego el Luminar IA me funciona pero sin ver la previsualización de las modificaciones. Para ver las modificaciones en la foto debo ir cambiando constantemente de tamaño la ventana. Así, con el Luminar 3 abierto, el IA no se cierra y me permite exportar fotos. No se, muy extraño. Windows 10.

Karl Buckholtz

went back to using Luminar 4,AI just to slow/crashes/unstable.....was not worth the upgrade at this point....maybe the bugs will get worked out in time,but for now not worth the hassle of using

Ralph Bley

It continues to crash immediately upon startup - I don't see a splash screen or anything.  There is a very brief message in the log:

<14:44:29> [Info] [Init] Log init: OK
    <14:44:29> [Info] [Init] mipl init starting ...
    <14:44:29> [Info] [Init] GPU : On
    <14:44:29> [Info] [Init] ML init starting ...
    <14:44:29> [Info] [Init] ML resource path: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\profiles
    <14:44:36> [CriticalError] [Global] OpenVINO initialize session failed: bad allocation. For model: image_classifier_i8

I have uninstalled and cleaned up any references I can find and still crashes at startup.  And I don't even have the old installer to revert to the previous version, so right now I have absolutely nothing.

This is obviously a common problem - when is a fix going to be out for this?

Stan Winterburn

Downloaded the lates update and now I'm having the same issue - images imported into catalogue are blank????

Edwin Killick

After installing the new luminar AI update, it crashes when trying to export my image. I have to turn the whole computer off and reboot. On restarting Luminar, the same thing happens every time. What`s the point in using the program if you can`t save your edited images?

Pete Stretch

I'm running a PC with 32Gig Ram. It takes a full minute to open an image in Luminar AI from Lightroom Classic. That seems a long time!

Joan Pellicer

¿Como se puede reclamar el retorno del dinero? Es inaceptable, no hay manera que funcione ni medio bien.

Margaret Bright

Hi everyone,

Our support team will be happy to address each of your cases individually and help you resolve them. Please get in touch with our team at https://skylum.com/support.

Hi, is there any possibility to get an alternative download link for the update like in the past for Lumina 4 ? Thanks

Margaret Bright

Hi Member,

Sure thing, here are the alternative installers for the latest version of Luminar AI:

For Windows: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/win/Win_Luminar_AI_Release.msi
    For macOS: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/mac/Luminar_AI_Release.dmg

Robert Grenader

This installer, at least the Windows version, will result in a folder titled Win_Luminar_AI_1_0_1_Release_7521.  It resides wherever you downloaded it to, in my case in the Downloads folder.  I did not want to execute it from there, so I had to move it to C:\Program Files\Skylum where Luminar 4 was installed and ran it from there, which created a folder with the AI files inside.  Everything worked as planned. 

And Skylum, thank you for doing this.  We all really appreciate it.

@Robert, your comment is not clear, at least for me. Please could you clarify how to install it? And another question, can luminar Ai and Luminar 4 stay in the same computer or do I need to unistall luminar 4 firt?

valerie pinon

At first, I believe I had this updated version as I barely downloaded this program 3 months ago.

Fast forward to now where the program didn't save my edited photos. I had to close the program through my task manager. I tried many different things but the only thing that worked was to completely uninstall and reinstall the program. I've contacted support with lagging responses at best.

Today I finally opened the program but it takes about 5 minutes to open each time. My cpu usage bumps up to 100% making my laptop extremely hot and unsafe to use. The program slowly goes down to 20% where it will finally open.

What is going on with this program? Why won't the team fix this issue for windows?

Kai-Erik

Skylum Luminar AI opens up a new world for you.

Huahahahah...

Behaves like a stubborn old donkey.
    Runs for a while and then only crashes, lots of crashes.

Writing programmes is probably still "new territory" for you.
    Practice makes perfect, but this year, please.

I haven't experienced anything like this for many years.

Crash
    Crash
    Crash

Unglaublich!

Agatha Winter

Hi Kai-Erik,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you encountered!

Could you please send us event logs? It would help us a lot to understand the nature of the issue you encountered and provide you with precise instructions.

1. Reproduce the issue. 
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your support request at https://skylum.com/support 

A video tutorial on how to collect logs: https://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6 

Thanks!

Randal Reed

Crap! I just had to mess around. :-(

So I haven't had any problems after the update other than slow starts until.....I tried the atmosphere/fog. Now I can't get AI to start at all. Just keeps loading past the splash screen and then crashing! Tried restarting the system but still crashes every time. I will get the event log and send it in. Fingers crossed.

Please sign in to leave a comment.