Luminar AI Update 2 Available Now

Pinned Answered

Comments

60 comments

RS

I've downloaded the update but it won't install. It keeps saying I need to close Luminar AI but it is already closed. So it should install but it won't

Comment actions Permalink
    Robert Grenader

See forum post.  Installed, did the plug-in thing for LR and PS.  Opened from Lightroom and Photoshop, this is what I found.  Opening stand alone is fine.

Robert Grenader

I just reverted to a prior release of Lightroom that worked fine with AI, and the results are the same.  

Jan Helge

Just updated, but now it works slow and every time i will save to disk it get frozen and crash? 

Dave Wallin-Eddy

Asking for a refund now. Given you all enough time to fix the uctbase.dll issue and still nothing. I gave you the benift of the doubt but this is crazy. Paying to be a beta tester is not somehting I pad for 2 seats to do.

Jörg Raber

After the update, the program crashes immediately. I cannot open any menus or images.

Also a new installation crashes immediately.
    (Windows 10/64bit)

Robert Grenader

Can you uninstall and revert to the older version? 

Gerardo Medrano

Downloaded and the message: "not enough space to install Luminar AI update"!

Any hint?. I have enough space before this update.

Thank you.

Philippe Schmit

I just updated. The program started for the first time. After having tested the "reflections" function the program crashed with a direct return to the office. Since then I run the program and it crashes systematically after displaying the main interface.

Wendy

I just updated. It opened once, I started to explore, then it shut down unexpectedly. Now it starts to open and immediately quits. No error messages. I use Luminar AI as a stand alone program on a Windows 10 PC. After searching these forums, I renamed the catalog folders. That did not help.

Tried one more time, this time I got this error message:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing changed.

Jörg Raber

I uninstalled the current version and installed an old version (Dec 2020). This version also crashes immediately.

Please create a fix as soon as possible. Thanks

Maybe the screenshot of the task manager is helpful, just before the crash.

Robert Grenader

Hello Skylum?  I got a quick response on your Facebook page, but nothing here.

Darla Bruno

I installed the new version, found a bug.  When I click on Show Custom Skies, navigate to my custom sky folder then double click the sky, instead of bringing it into Luminar AI, it opens up Luminar 4!

Ken Speer

I am having a similar problem to everybody above.  Installed update 2.0 worked first time.  Closed and reopened and now it crashes every time. 

Aida Gordon

I installed the update a few hours ago. Immediately after installation on the first photo I brought up for editing, Luminar AI crashed. It hadn't done this before the 2.0 update so I assume it's because of the update. I read on another thread that you can rename the Luminar AI Catalog and that seemed to work. However, as they warned, all my previous edits / work on older pics are gone. I can only bring up the edited pic but no History. I tested the new Sky AI, was really impressed after I edited 2 pics with water reflections. I added an older image, no sky at all and was editing under Blockbuster Template when AI crashed again!! I renamed my Luminar AI Catalog again and created a new one but every time I edited the same image (taken from an iPhone), it kept crashing. Finally, I decided to edit a different image, so far so good but now the Composition Tool isn't working correctly. I try to crop a 16x9 to a 4x3 and the photo looks compressed on Luminar AI but when I export, it looks normal. This is just so frustrating as the Sky update looks amazing but now there seems to be more bugs with  the software!

I can only warn everyone to update. It crashes every time. You can't work with ist

Jörg Raber

At the moment it works

Try this:

1. Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    2. Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall] (you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    3. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    4. Find the folder “LuminarAI” and delete it (it deletes your license for Luminarᴬᴵ too. Please, note that your Custom and downloaded Looks/templates will be removed, so make sure to save them somewhere);
    5. Go to Pictures and rename the folder called Luminar AI Catalog (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it).
    6. Install the app once again and launch it: http://skylum.com/download/luminar-ai-download 
    7. Choose to Create a New Catalog and add a small folder with images or a single image for editing. 
    Dai Thomas

Installed update , now it crashes every time I try to run it.

Aida Gordon

I renamed my Luminar AI Catalog and created a new one without having to uninstall and reinstall. I did discover that the Blockbuster template is causing my app to crash. I used the same pic but chose a different template and it went through. It's still frustrating though because as others have pointed out other apps aren't crashing at all.

Scott Ruckh

I will add to the list of folks who have applied the v2 updates and it crashes every time you run it at various points while using the program.  Not after doing lots of work, but working on a single picture.  It crashed while just exporting a picture.  It is completely unstable and unusable.  I have not yet tried the suggestion in this thread, but that is a real mess of a "fix"...

Scott Ruckh

Followed the instructions above:  uninstalling, deleting directory, removing catalog, re-installing, and creating new catalog.  Still crashed on very first photo.  Houston.... You have a problem.

Aida Gordon

Yes, mine crashed again after editing a 3rd photo. Seems like you can only do a few edits per pic and if there are too many ie. 25 in History then it crashes.

Aida Gordon

After further analysis and testing, it seems Luminar crashes whenever I use Atmosphere AI function (add fog). Also, whenever I use at least one of the templates, Blockbuster. In another thread, another member commented that he has problems when using Templates. For me, not all Templates - the landscapes seem okay except when I start to bring up the Atmosphere AI. Then it crashes. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Margaret Bright

Hi Aida,

Thank you for providing us with additional information - it is extremely helpful. 

We'd also appreciate it if you could provide us with the error logs. I would like to ask you to collect the logs right after the app crashes. Here are the steps to perform:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your support request at https://skylum.com/support.
    Philippe Schmit

Maybe a track
    With me it seems that the problem comes from the "catalog.luminarai" folder.
    I moved this folder and replaced it with an empty folder of the same name.
    Luminar AI worked again, unfortunately when the software backs up the catalog then the software crashes again ! 

(Error report already sent to technical support)

Scott Ruckh

I don't think it is template based as suggested above.  I tried with no templates.  I did enhance, crop, and then a delete, and it crashed (just disappears).  One time after a crash, I noticed the whole system became unstable.  I actually had another program just disappear like LuminarAI ( a program which has never done that before).  I too opened ticket with support and provided log information as posted above.

Installed update 2.0 worked first time. Closed and reopened and now it crashes every time. Needs an urgent fix Skylum.

I had to roll-back to a previous version.

Robert Grenader

How did you roll back to the previous install?

brodie jenkins

multiple issues with the new sky ai update .. 
    1. sky ai sky replacement works worse now , does not like small details , does not cover existing clouds well now where previously it did . or things such as poles etc.. where ive had no issued previously 

2. reflections dont work for me .. no actual reflections happen 

3.sky replacement images can now load in grainy . where they didnt previously .. these are files from the marketplace so they should be of the best quality ? 

Please sign in to leave a comment.