Comments

7 comments

Alejandro Rauseo Gomes

Katherine Nelson I know about that, but like I said, Lightroom READ and APPLY  a lens corretion profile, my camera write inside the ARW file... And if I want I choose one made by Adobe, the problem is luminar don't read that, and because that the workflow I suggest is open Lightroom>import> small adjusts> and open in Luminar with a the adjustments made by Lightroom. if the manufacter of our camera and lens made a lens profile correctionm why the work for made a corretion manually for every single potho?!?!? Doesn't make sense, Raw Sorry I desagree the photo processor shows more information from a RAW file it's RawTherapee.and have a stunning list of LCP for choose. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Marco Marrocco

Hi Katherine, sorry once again for interjecting,

This is your canned reply every time the above issue is brought up. Assuming this is true, and I'm still not convinced it is, I don't think having so much more information available you end up needing to fix the distortion manually is one point in favor of Luminar AI, isn't it?

It also goes against your claim that editing in Luminar AI is less time consuming than the traditional workflow.

I mean, there must be a reason why this issue only seems to pop up when it comes to Luminar AI while every other software on the market, including the proprietary RAW converters from Canon etc. seem to work fine out of the box.

Just curious, from a photographer AND a programmer standpoint. This honestly sounds like another shortcoming you should be looking into rather than playing it cool like it was an intended feature.

Kindest regards,

--

Marco

Philippe CARON

et pour le xiaomi 10 pro? un mobile haut de gamme? rien pour les fichier dng?

John McAtee

Camera support for my two Sony DSC RX10 (models 1 and 4) seems either inferior or not working when inputting .ARW, RAW files.  The picture's concavity is just awful, forcing me to go back to DXO or Camera Raw for auto lens correction.  This one problem is keeping me from making Luminar AI my go-to editor. 

Edit Update:  .ARW pictures from the RX10-1 seem come out too concave while those from the RX10-4 are convex.  I've no time or inclination to do any manual lens correction.

Alejandro Rauseo Gomes

John McAtee I have the same problem here with my A6300, and the problem i see, it's luminar don't read the built-in lens corretion profile of the ARW files, because in Lightroom, i don't touch that and use only the built -in lens profile

Rob de Ruiter
    1. When can we expect support for Apple 12 Pro Max. It is the only one iPhone with RAW support....and not on the list.
    2. But on the other side what does it do more if there comes support for a specific type of camera?

Apple iPad Pro, Apple iPhone 6 plus, Apple iPhone 6s, Apple iPhone 7 plus, Apple iPhone 7, Apple iPhone 8 plus, Apple iPhone 8, Apple iPhone SE, Apple iPhone X,..........11? 12?

Katherine Nelson

Hi Alejandro Rauseo Gomes,

The thing is that Luminarᴬᴵ uses a pure RAW converter. It shows more information than any other photo processor. These black angles shown on the RAW photo appear due to the optic peculiarity of the lens structure. 

There are Lens and Perspective Correction tools in the Optics tool, so you can fix your photo manually. The only reason you do not see these black angles in Photoshop or Lightroom is due to the automatic Lens Correction that they apply to the image. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.