Luminar AI 2.0 crashes

Answered

Comments

19 comments

Same here!

Comment actions Permalink
    Ralph Quick

I experience crashing on startup after updating 2.0. The crash began after I applied a template while in edit mode. I restart the program and it hangs then crashes when resuming on previous photo.

This seems to have been solved ....by upgrading my laptop to 16 gigs of ram and renaming the folder which is explained in the help chat...

Same thing is happening to me ....I feel like i am back in the world of windows 98'

Luminar AI Crashes at start after update to 2.0. Bought Luminar Ai 3 days before 2.0 release....messed around with 2 photos....no issues....installed the 2.0 update last night and now the program is just bonkers lol! Crashes at startup....or it will crash moments after it loads....I have been using Luminar 4 for probably 6 months now with no issue.

As well, I have been an avid user of Lightroom for 10 years or so...no real issues to speak of.

I use Luminar Ai 2.0 as a standalone.

I have an i5 cpu, 80gigs of free space and 8gigs of ram

Processor
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300M CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Video Card
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    RAM
    16.0 GB
    Operating System
    Windows 10
    Basile De Bock

Sad to see that a lot of people are facing the same problem.

Did you find a solution to fix your problems ?

Basile De Bock I had to reinstall and avoid updating to 2.0.

Now it is stable, but no reflections/or update for me. It just doesent work in its current most updated form.

Basile De Bock

I tried to uninstall then reinstall Luminar but it automatically install the 1.2.0 version...

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

I am very sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Luminar!

Could you please clarify if this issue happens with images of specific format/size?

What are the crop ratio that you set when the software crashes?

Basile De Bock

It was a 4/3 format ration .JPG image and I wanted to crop it into a 16/9 crop ratio.

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys, our technical department is investigating the issue. Nevertheless, we need more details. We would appreciate it if you send us all the info via support form: https://skylum.com/support

Claude Pfau

Hi everybody

I had the same problem since the update until today. So I reduced my 2 screens' resolution from 4k to HD (1920 x 1080). And oh wonder: now it works perfectly!

It seems to be a memory management issue. (I run a HP ENVY notebook I9-10885H, Windows 10.0.19043 Build 19042, 32 GB, NVIDIDA Geoforce RTX 2060 Max-Q).

So try it out.

Claude

Tom Byrne

Today went to use mine and it crashes, i open it and it sits for a few seconds and then crashed. Poor update or poor program not sure but thinking i wasted my money on this program. 

Rob Monson

I too am having the issue of LuminarAI crashing in Windows 10.  After I apply a template usually the 2nd or 3rd one I try it hangs and then crashes.  On top of that since the 2.0 update, it is actually slower than Adobe products.  I can't help but feel disappointed.

Claudia

I have the same problems like many users. After updating Luminar AI to the 2.0. version the application crashes each time I try to start it. no chance to open an image or work with it. I use Luminar AI as a standalone programme. But now I can not use it anymore.

Device HP LAPTOP
    Processor AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 2.00 GHz
    Installed RAM 16,0 GB (15,0 GB verwendbar)
    System type 64-Bit / x64-based processor
    Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2

Aida Gordon

Same with me. Crashes on certain composition from 16:9 to 4:3. Also whenever I use Atmosphere AI. I know it already so I export my image before I try Atmosphere. Also crashes when I use Blockbuster or Film something template. Again I can predict it. Funny but not funny. I already renamed 7 Luminar AI catalogs each time the app crashes. Just too bad...the edits are beautiful.

Helena Carter

Hi everyone,

As Anastasia said, we would really appreciate it if you all reach out via https://skylum.com/support so we could look into that.

Dave V

Same. Luminar won't open at all now. Rebooted computer; reloaded Luminar; crashed instantly. I bought this program today. Not at all good.

Tom Byrne

Hi DaveVee reach out to support at  https://skylum.com/support they are truly amazing and have helped me resolve problems. This has made me feel very good about the program. I hope this is helpful to you & others.

Jim Kimpel

Just bought and installed the software.  It worked for about a half hour.   After closing the program and trying to run it again it crashed on start-up.  Re-boot does not fix.

AMD 5950 CPU, 64 Gig Ram, RTX 3090 Video Card.  Samsung 980 Pro drive

Jim Kimpel

I deleted the last file I worked on and the problem cleared.

This wouldn't happen if there was  a simple close selection to close a job after done.

Why isn't there a way to close a file?  This was requested in Luminar 4 as well

Please sign in to leave a comment.