MacOS updates - lost folders?

Answered

Comments

21 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi,

Recently, we've discovered that the connection with the image folders can be lost after the macOS updates, which introduce new security settings. 

Our team is investigating what can be done to prevent such situations right now, and once they come up with the solution, they will make sure to roll it out.

In the meantime, the only way is to manually connect the folders with photos again via Locate Folder option.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mark Barnes

Hi Margaret,

I'm glad this is a know problem. Hopefully it can be corrected soon. This has happened to me 3 times..yikes!

Locate folder procedure doesn't always work and a re-install has been the only way to re-connect. I've reached out to Tech Support.

Thanks for posting this though.

Udo Gehrmann

Hi Margaret,

I am suffering from the same issue. Although I contacted Skylum support I did not get a solution bringing me back the connection.

I wrote back to them that this is a killing point for further use of the software as Apple updates are flying in every now and then.

Best Regards

Austin Miller

Hello Udo.

We will do our best to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

We are sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Black Eyes

@Udo: Have you tried to rename the folder where are your pictures? It worked for me!

Udo Gehrmann

Black Eyes: Yes, I tried renaming, deleting, restoring from backup, all without any success. Finally I gave up.

Black Eyes

I am sorry for you, for all the time lost because of this software. It's sure that it's not very good reputation for the company!

Zoltan Veress

Black Eyes My photos are in the Picture folder, in sub-folders. I don't see any options to rename the Pictures folder...

Black Eyes

@Zoltan Veress: please, try to rename your subfolder (where are your original pictures), then start Luminar AI

Mark Weber

Black Eyes IT DOESN'T WORK!!! It's a temporary fix until next OS update. Did it 4 times already

Black Eyes

Sorry for you. Only renaming the subfolder worked for me. I've tried Locate folder and re-install back-up didn't work for me!

Ivan Zalozhnih

Hi!

I have this terrible problem too. Locate Folder option doesn't work. And rename folder too. Every time I lose all my changes. It's awful.

I hope you can fix this problem soon.

Zoltan Veress

Update: I updated to 2.0 yesterday. My MacOS updated to its latest this morning. I'm happy to report that my folders in the catalog weren't affected. Hope it stays that way.

Mark Weber

Zoltan Veress You updated to 2.0 of what? 

Zoltan Veress

Luminar AI update

Mark Weber

Zoltan Veress Hmmm? 2.0 of Luminar AI? Must have been just released, not available yet in NA

Zoltan Veress

I'm in Canada

Mark Weber

Zoltan Veress  Must be the Insider thing

John Blake

I upgraded to AI2 then did a Big Sur update the next day, didn't break the catalog, but when I add a new subfolder to my picture file already in my catalog it reads zero pics even though they are there in the folder.

I can put the folder on my desktop, or elsewhere, and add it and it read fine.

I have to remove the top folder from the catalog then reinstall it.

I love AI, but the catalog issue is a real issue for me.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello John Blake,

Sorry to hear about that problem. Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to help.

Please sign in to leave a comment.