Luminar AI unable to find Pictures folder - and crashing on "Locate folder"

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Finn Johansen

Ooops - just saw a different thread with same issue. I guess it just poor programming ... 

Comment actions Permalink
    Ingo Zitzmann

Having the same issue. Upon loading the catalogue Luminar 4 can't find the folders anymore and upon locating the same folder it already points to, it crashes with a "unique constraint violation". As you said, poor programming. Database programming 101

Agatha Winter

Hi guys,

I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Our team is looking for a permanent solution, we expect to include it in the following update, however, there's no set date right now.

Have you tried to rename the missing folder and use Locate folder option after that? If the issue persists, please reach out to our team at https://skylum.com/support for further assistance. 

Finn Johansen

Hi Agatha,

I ended up moving the photos to another new folder and then had Luminar AI locate the new folder. This was on a recommendation from Skylum support. Anyway, not the most elegant solution since other programs (Lightroom, Luminar 4 etc.) now had to be redirected to the new folder but at least Luminar AI is not crashing and I can use it again (until next update..?). Renaming the folder may be a solution but again, other programs would have to be redirected to the renamed folder. Also, I am not sure if folder Pictures on a Mac can be renamed - it is one of these folders that Mac is born with (like Documents, Applications, Downloads etc.).

Kirk Osborn

We are glad to hear that you were able to use that workaround.

Our tech team is doing its best to fix the issue as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned and check for updates.

Finn Johansen

So Big Sur got updated again this night - and off course Luminar AI was again unable to reconnect to folders. After a locate folder, things were kinda back to normal - however, one album had 0 photos in it (normally 900+). And this was only the obvious fail. I wonder what else is lost in my albums... sigh.

Please sign in to leave a comment.