I am afraid to update my iMac to Big Sur 11.2.2

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Black Eyes,

Please kindly note that the changes that would prevent Luminar AI from losing connection to your images after the macOS updates have not yet been implemented to Luminar AI. Our team is still investigating what can be done to prevent such situations, and once they come up with the solution, they will make sure to roll it out.

Comment actions Permalink
    David Dunk

To answer your question...yes, I updated Big Sur and yes, the same lost connection problem occurred. 

However, it was a fairly simple fix.
    1. Quit Luminar
    2. Go to your image folder in Finder and change the name (such as Photos to zPhotos or something like that).
    3. Relaunch Luminar and it will automatically reconnect and all triangles will disappear. Quit Luminar again.
    4. Go back in Finder and change it back the way it was before (zPhotos to Photos).
    5. Relaunch Luminar and it will automatically reflect the changes and you're back to square one.

Yeah, a bit of a nuisance but at least you will be able to update MacOS without having to wait for Skylum to issue their fix.

Udo Gehrmann

Unfortunately, this does not help in my case. Triangles do not disappear.

Do you have any idea beside contacting Skylum support ?

Black Eyes

In my case, only renaming the folder where are the pictures works. Locate folder or re-installing back-up didn't work

Declan O'Connell

Unfortunately, my Mac updated to 11.2.2 last night and I have lost all connections to my images - triangle warning symbol on all images, Luminar AI crashes each time it tries to locate folder. This has happened on the last 3 Mac updates. I am really fed up with this.

Black Eyes

Sorry for you. Yes, I don't want to update my iMac yet ... too risky.

Have you tried to rename the subfolders where are your pictures?

Black Eyes

Sorry for you. Yes, I don't want to update my iMac yet ... too risky.

Have you tried to rename the subfolders where are your pictures?

Gordon Kinghorn

Too many issues over the years with Mac upgrades breaking things.

Until i see a reason to upgrade I wont ...

Please sign in to leave a comment.