Export to JPG tooks too long

Comments

12 comments

Denis Kotsee

Export times vary greatly depending on your computer specs, your RAWs, and the edits you apply in Luminar.

If you could please provide me with the description of those three above, it woulc help me better understand what the issue might be.

Comment actions Permalink
    Christian Kaiser

my hardware:

DELL Latidude
    Intel i5-5300U CPU, 2.3 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    64 bit Windows7 Enterprise

LUMINAR:
    RAW-File with 35MB export to JPG: 38 sec.
    RAW-File with 27MB export to JPG: 45 sec.

ACDSee, Standard 2018 (photo viewer/DAM):
    RAW-File with 35MB export to TIF: 14 sec.
    RAW-File with 35MB export to JPG: 15sec.
    RAW-File with 27MB export to TIF: 13 sec.
    RAW-File with 27MB export to JPG: 10 sec.

Denis Kotsee

Do I understand it correctly that you don't do any processing in Luminar, just opening an image and going straight to export?

If it won't inconvenience you too much, please send me one of the images in question, as well as a screenshot of your export options in Luminar. I'll try to replicate this issue on my side. If you apply any processing, please also let me know.

Christian Kaiser

Hi Denis,

I process the RAW-File and save it as a LMR-File and export it to JPG.

I can't add a 35MB-File....

Denis Kotsee

My bad, Christian, I forgot to tell you how you can send us your RAW.

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the reply to this email.

So you do apply some processing before exporting to JPEG in Luminar? I'll need a detailed description of all the filters you apply and all the adjustments you make (down to slider values), so that I could faithfully recreate your case.

Christian Kaiser

I attached it into my Google-Drive. 
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=11gNuSU1OvOqLFM01-qxwsHT7BbfMDTRz

For this example I used the preset "image enhancer"

I use a Canon EOS750d

I'm not the only Windows-User with such an problem. I'm in a Facebook-Group in Germany for Luminar. We had some discussion about missing features and not very well working ones.

Denis Kotsee

Thank you for the file.

I've tested it on a Windows laptop that has lower specs than yours (i3 2GHz, 8GB RAM), and my export time for your RAW with the Image Enhancer preset applied was 28 seconds. I've consulted our QA team, and they said that on a machine that doesn't have an SSD, or a high-end CPU, these results are within norm. The difference in export time between Luminar and ACDSee exists because ACDSee is a more lightweight program.

We are working on optimizing Luminar though, so definitely expect to see better results in the future.

Susan Wiethorn

I agree with Christian,

Exporting is slower than other applications. I have a brand new laptop, and exporting a Olympus RAW from Luminar 2018 is slower than exporting from Olympus Viewer3.

hardware:
    HP Envy x360 2 in 1, i7-8550, 16Gig RAM.

Christian, I will say 8gigs of ram is on the lowest side of processing such large images. If you know how, via Task Manager, assign Higher Priority to the Luminar Task item, and see if that helps.

-Susan

Christian Kaiser

Hello Denis,
    I like Luminar and I appreciate that the team will be go further to improve the software. There are more or less things to improve.
    It can't be that a SSD is requirierd. 90% of the PCs haven't a SSD. And I don't want to buy one - Adobe-SW is working well an export RAW-files on my hardware much faster than Luminar.

Hello Susan,
    I use also Photoshop. The 8gigs are enough for Photoshop. Photoshop is faster than Luminar.
    Theres is a little bit more to do for the Luminar-Team.

Julia Kot

Hi Christian,

I'll pass your comments to our devs. They will consider them while working on the next updates :) 

Dale Watkins

I was about to ask the same question, after using Luminar 2018 which seemed incredibly fast in comparison to Luminar 3.    I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina) with 16 GB ram, I7, 2.7 Ghz, 1 TB SSD, albeit I have a WD My Passport attached with my actual files for edit...unsure if that may be the reason?     I'm finding 'export' for the last hour has been between 19 seconds & 30 seconds, which still seems long...but perhaps that's the norm?    I have PS Elements & Lightroom 6, but prefer using Aurora and Luminar 3 if possible...hoping there will be some speed enhancements, or if there may be some changes at my end, I'm willing to try that.   Thanks!

kusuma thatraju

surprised to see this was not taken care for a year.  I am trying to export a JPG to JPG using my MSI GL75 95d Gaming machine with i7-9th gen & 64GB ram, JPG export is taking a considerably long time. whereas light-house is taking less than 4minutes to process about 200 jpg images (100% to 100% quality), each sized about 12mb on average.

Please sign in to leave a comment.