Luminar AI Update 2 Available Now

Pinned

Comments

22 comments

Derek Roff

When I click 'Check for Updates' in Luminar 1.0.1, absolutely nothing happens.  At least nothing that I can perceive.  I left Luminar running for fifteen minutes, and observed no changes of any kind.  I tried several times, quitting and restarting Luminar in between.  I'm using MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave with all updates.  

Comment actions Permalink
    Derek Roff

An hour after my series of update failures, described above, the update is now available for me.  It is currently downloading.  Just for completeness, I bought and installed Luminar directly from Skylum.  Not from the App store.  

Carmelo Armas Déniz

Hace unas doce horas escribí a soporte. Cuando abro el panel de los cielos, empieza a cargarlos pero termina bloqueando el ordenador, no dejando opción de forzar la salida de la aplicación. He desinstalado y vuelto a instalar L Ai y el problema persiste.Tengo 8gb de ram y noto también la poca fluidez de la nueva versión.

Bob Shrader

I'm looking forward to trying the changes made in this second update to LAI. I hope my experience with the new features is better than my attempts to install the upgrade.

Last night, I opened the v1 standalone and selected update from there. The download stalled with the message "We've run into an issue while installing the app."

Next I went to a photo editor which will run the Luminar AI plugin and tried to install. Same stall.

For the third attempt, I went directly to the website and tried to download from there. No luck. Frustrated, I gave up for the day.

This morning, I tried the update install through the plugin again. This time I got a message indicating Luminar AI could not be found on my iMac. Apparently the attempted full install directly through the website had screwed up the Luminar AI configuration on my machine. So, I resorted to the full download again.

At 20% download the stall and "issue" message happened. But I noticed a "Try Again" option. (It may have been there last night, and I perhaps overlooked it because it was late.) Using "Try Again" six times finally completed the download, and the install then went smoothly.

My system:

macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3

Still takes double the time to open on Mojave compared to Luminar 4. Performance is not an issue once open, just very long start up time...

Faysal Sekkouah

Just updated to V1.2.0 on MacBook Pro M1 16GB and it ran slower than usual. I like the more intuitive UI update and the sky reflection. But it overheated the M1 to the point that the fan was running on max (I've never hear the fan run on the M1 until now!). Looking forward to a version native to the M1 silicone that takes advantage of the built-in AI capabilities. 

David Hofman

After update it has been freezed already 3rd time. 2 times due to clone tool... imac 2020+32gb ram... worse than ever before. Slow and unstable

Complete crash-fest, will launch but crash all the time. Very unstable. Had to roll back to previous version.

Please reach out Skyline team.

Bob Shrader

I have had time to test V2 following the install SNAFU. All of the new features are more than satisfactory except the most important, long-promoted one -- water reflections.

To me, water reflections -- at least on a Mac -- is extremely disappointing, because it looks very unnatural. And just watch what happens to cloud reflections in the water when the newly-inserted sky is shifted. More work is needed on the AI here.

This suggests to me that Marketing trumped Engineering in the premature release of V2.

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

If you experience issues with Luminar AI, please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support
    and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Stefan Hebestreit

why there is a community board when the answer always is "contact http://skylum.com/support ?

Marcin Piontek

Dear Skylum,

It's been a while since a launch of the Luminar AI Update 2. The key feature was a "powerful SkyAI with reflections and MORE". IMHO something must have gone wrong since it does not work properly.

First, Luminar AI PS plugin - stopped working and both Templates and Edit were blank:

Support resolved the problem with a manual change to the CommonSettingsPlugin.xml (please see the thread: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010600340-Luminar-AI-PS-plugin-stopped-working?page=1#community_comment_360002942359 ).

Second, once the problem with blank Templates and Edit was solved I tested Templates / Toscana. It produced a sky replacement with a weird halo around the plane:

I reported the problem to the Skylum support last week but had not got any solution yet. Also, to doublecheck whether the problem was with the source file or with Luminar, I compared it with the Photoshop sky replacement feature, which produced the following result:

As you may easily notice Ps did not produce any halo around the plane. What really surprised me is that it is a step back for Luminar, since the sky replacement feature worked flawlessly both in Luminar 4 and Luminar AI before Update 2.

Third, I tested sky reflections in water. Unfortunately it did not work either. I tried a couple of images but the results were poor. Just have a look here:

Solely, for the sake of presentation I used "Sunset Clouds 3" and pushed the reflection amount to the extreme (100%). By definition the reflection should mirror skies. It did not. Therefore it was not a reflection. Today I got a mail from Skylum Support with a request to provide source files etc. (and a similar request in the thread: Luminar AI Update 2 Sky Reflection https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010493959-Luminar-AI-Update-2-Sky-Reflection ).

Again, Photoshop does not provide automated reflection but with little endeavour one may produce it with layers:

To make long story short, I must admit I am frustrated. I planned to focus on a creative side of the photography, and perhaps use discounts offered during a Deep Dive to purchase Luminar X membership, an additional seat or some goodies. Regretfully, I had been buried in support communication instead.

Kind regards
    Marcin

Normandie Xtrem

J'ai un soucis avec la mise à jour. Je suis sur Mac , et lorsque je clique sur "rechercher les mises à jour" , rien ne se passe ! Je suis toujours en 1.0.1 ! Comment regler le probleme ? Merci

b olin

what is the current version of luminarAi

Jose Gonzalez

Please, improve the performance. It is really disappointing to use Luminar AI right now. Slow slow slow slow... My imac i7 with 32 gb of ram looks like one of the 20th century. Functionality is great, no doubt of that but, what's the point to run a Bentley with the wheels of a Cinquecento?

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Jose Gonzalez,

I can assure you that our team works on performance improvement in each update and we hope that next version is going to work much faster. Please, stay tuned. I appreciate your honest feedback on this matter. There is definitely a room for improvement.

Jose Gonzalez

Thanks for replying

Just simply opening the app is 4,64 gb of ram used, ONLY OPENING THE PROGRAM !!!

I am looking forward to that improvement, absolutely necessary !!

Regards

Joyce Werner

Just downloaded and started playing around with the features. When I select any sky photo to replace a background, I get a message that there is a deleted image and I have to restore the image before using it...every image I choose. That's very odd. I also noticed if you add images to the sky...like the moon...you don't get a reflection of it in water images.

Austin Miller

Hello Joyce.

Could you please specify if this message appears only when using the custom sky images or the preinstalled also?

Please note, that the sky reflections are only available for the sky images. 

Joyce Werner

It's both. I downloaded sunset images from Luminar X. And I tried the preinstalled milky way images as well. This might have started happening after I installed the package images, but it is affecting both.

Joyce Werner

Also....so all the extra images you can add to the sky...like the birds, fireworks, moon etc. aren't able to be reflected. Guess that is asking too much! Maybe in a future update... 😊

Austin Miller

Hello Joyce,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and troubleshoot it. Please send us a screen recording of the issue.
    You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.