Luminar AI now not working in Mac M1 latest update as a plugin in Photoshop

Answered

Comments

9 comments

David Dunk

Saw on the Adobe forums that existing plugin extensions are not supported with the M1. It will be up to the "extension owner to get the extensions ported to UXP to run as native on M1 devices."
    This is not just a Luminar issue. All my other current extensions do not work either.

The only work-around I have seen is to run Photoshop using the Rosetta 2 emulation. All your extensions will return.
    It is easy to do but you will lose all the speed benefits of the new Adobe M1 update.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi Daiva, 

David's right. Luminar AI will be compatible with this Photoshop update on M1 devices after we ship an update with native support of the M1 chip. This release is in the works right now, we expect to roll it out within a couple of months. 

Meanwhile, please try running Photoshop via Rosetta 2: 

1. Click the Photoshop icon in the Finder.
    2. Click the File menu in the Finder and choose the option “Get Info”.
    3. In the Get Info window, tick the checkbox next to “Open using Rosetta”.
    4. Close the Get Info window.
    Daiva Rayapati

Thanks David and Kate, I checked the Run in Rosetta2 in the get info it is appearing now. I think the latest update in Adobe Photoshop M1 update switched off the rosetta2. Yes, it might be slow but helps me as of now.

I’m having the same problem
    With the latest Ps update checking the rosetta is not a checkbox option
    This new release is needed ASAP

Kate Williams

Hi Member,

Please make sure that you're right-clicking the .app file, not the alias. 

For that, you may want to navigate to the Applications folder of your Mac, locate the Photoshop app file, then proceed with the instructions outlined above. 

Would you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us at https://skylum.com/support.
    Our team will be happy to help.

As for the compatibility update, the final tasks are being worked on now. Stay tuned! 

Ben Rees

Any update on when this will be available?

Ben Rees

Installed the latest update and am still experiencing the same issue.
    When can we expect the Luminar Photoshop plugin to work with M1 Macs?

Spindly

I'm able to get this to work in the meantime using the work around, though is there any timeline on the full fix coming out?

Margaret Bright

Hi guys, 

Please kindly make sure you have the correct version installed. Here is a link for M1 Macs:

http://skylum.com/download/luminar-ai-m1

This version should work just fine. If that's not the case for you, please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support and they will help you sort it out.

Please sign in to leave a comment.