Luminar AI Update 2 Sky Reflection

Answered

Comments

12 comments

• Official comment
    Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kristian Christoph

Update 2 (Version 1.2.0 (7787) ? Any Downloadlink available for windows? Direct update via Luminar AI is not possible. 

Mike Hardisty

Just had a marketing email saying Update 2 would be available in the coming days. I suspect it will be the usual Skylum progressive release to stop their servers being swamped by all at the same time downloads

I haven't received any marketing update.  When I go to check for updates, it tells me my version is the most up to date.  When should I receive the update?

Helga Rowles

Hi Member,

Luminar AI Update 2 has been soft launched in specific countries. More about that here: https://skylum.com/blog/what-is-a-soft-launch 
    The update will be globally released soon, stay tuned! 

Paul Meachen

I haven't received any emails from Skylum for several weeks now - not even the ones trying to sell me stuff.  I have to come here for any information. Par for the course as they didn't email me about the launch of Luminar AI for earlybird purchasers so I didn't get it when I should have done..

Helga Rowles

Hi Paul,

Please reach our support team at skylum.com/support and we will make sure that your email address is on our mailing list.

Marcin Piontek

Hi!

As far as I can see the problem reported earlier is a general one: reflection does not work. I have tried a couple of images as well but the results were poor. Just have a look here:

For the sake of presentation I have used "Sunset Clouds 3" and pushed the reflection amount to 100%.

By definition the reflection should mirror skies. It does not. Therefore it is not a reflection. Please fix the problem.

Kind regards

Helga Rowles

H Member,

Thank you for providing us with a screenshot of the issue.

Could you please also share the original file that you're working with?

You can upload it to wetransfer:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and share it with us.

Thank you in advance!

Marcin Piontek

Dear Helga,

Thank you for your reply. I have dumped the file produced with Luminar AI Sky reflection since there was no reflection and used Phostoshop instead (please see my post here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010503219/comments/360002946460 ). I may provide a source file (RAW), but since this is a general issue (please see the first post above) I really don't know whether you may provide an individual solution. I believe a general fix is necessary.

Kind regards
    Marcin

Helga Rowles

We are definitely going to improve Luminar AI Sky reflections in future updates. 
    If possible, please provide us with the source file, we would really appreciate it. We won’t be able to offer an individual solution, but we will share the photo with our devs team so they can use it to improve the tool.

Marcin Piontek

I already have provided the link to wetransfer in my mail reply. Just check the mail :-)
    Cheers!

Please sign in to leave a comment.