I just lost access to all my work in Luminar AI

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Elena O'Brien

Hi,

I am so sorry that the issue with the lost edits occurred! Let's try to resolve it for you as soon as possible.

Please try the following steps:
    1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/2fad8457bbb34faa948ea766a002aad8

Let us know how it worked.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Artur Świętanowski

I already got this advice once. And I already wrote it does not work.

I suspect the problem might be related to me updating Mac OSX to Big Sur (11.2.1) yesterday. It seems it's not the catalog file that was broken - but somehow Luminar can't access the files & folders. Permissions changes? MAC OSX upgrade somehow revoked Luminar AI access to my "Pictures" directory?...

Klaus Busse

Interesting… I have a similar issue which might be related. Updated BigSur and Luminar AI, and all my pictures show the warning sign and can not be edited anymore.

Artur Świętanowski

I upgraded to Mac OSX BigSur yesterday and then this happened. Now I'm even more convinced the upgrade was to blame. I'm guessing the upgrade did something to file permissions. Probably something like not allowing Luminar AI access the files in my directories. This would explain both the problem with seeing the photos, and the inability of the "locate" to work.

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

Recently, we've discovered that the connection with the image folders can be lost after the Big Sur updates, which introduce new security settings. 
    Our team is investigating what can be done to prevent such situations right now, and once they come up with the solution, they will make sure to roll it out.
    In the meantime, you may want to try out the suggested steps to restore the connections. 

Please try moving your root folder to another folder on your computer. 

Then, reconnect the folder by using the Locate folder option. Don't worry - you won't lose your edits for the images.

• Right-click on a folder with an exclamation mark
    • Choose Locate Folder from the menu http://prntscr.com/mo7tih 
    • Find and point to the missing folder

Please let us know how it goes. 

Artur Świętanowski

It appears that Luminar AI is not listed in the preferences as one of the apps with permissions to access photos. Other apps I use for photo processing are there and are explicitly been listed as accessing the pictures. That includes some apps I installed prior to the OSX upgrade.

Artur Świętanowski

BTW, your solution works even without using the "Locate" option. It was enough to move the direcctories of photos from the "Pictures" folder someplace else...

Klaus Busse

It might help to give Luminar full disk access (Preferences > Security > Data Protection(?) > Full Disk Access.

At least in my case this was disabled. However, even enabled my previous images are not found, while I can add new images from the very same folders.

Please sign in to leave a comment.