Triangle with exclamation icon

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Robert Bethanis

I'm having the same problem. Started this AM. HELP !

Comment actions Permalink
    Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

I am so sorry that the issue occurred!

Thanks for reaching out.

Please try the following steps:
    1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/2fad8457bbb34faa948ea766a002aad8

Let us know how it worked.
    Makail Johannesson

This did not resolve the issue. The images still have the icon

Helena Carter

Makail Johannesson,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please, try reconnecting the edits via Lost Edits Tab:

https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/reconnecting-lost-edits?q=lost+edits 

Brian Benzing

I have the same issue. I reconnected the Lost Edits which helped with a few folders. I restored from an earlier backup, but this has been happening for a while and I'm not entirely sure my previous backups are in better shape than the latest backups.  An additional problem is the app is rebuilding the gallery at launch and doesn't seem to finish, it occurs each time I open Luminar 4.

Austin Miller

Hello Brian,

Let's try the following solutions:

1. Make sure Luminarᴬᴵ is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar AI Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar AI Catalog folder as well as Luminar AI Catalog.luminarai file inside this folder. Choose any name you like. 
    4. Start Luminarᴬᴵ. Click File > Catalog > Open > navigate inside the folder you renamed in Step 3 > double-click Luminar AI Catalog.luminarai file you've renamed in Step 2.

If the 4 steps above don't help:

1. Make sure Luminarᴬᴵ is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar AI Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar AI Catalog folder as well as Luminar AI Catalog.luminarai file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Finder.
    5. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    6. Launch Terminal.
    7. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.skylum.luminarai
    8. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    9. Close Terminal.
    10. Launch Luminarᴬᴵ. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in Pictures folder). 

Please let us know how it goes.

Makail Johannesson

Helena Carter, this didn't work. Lost Edits does not appear under the shortcuts tab in my library.

Austin Miller, this also didn't work. The terminal did not recognize the string.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Makail,

I'm sorry to hear that my colleagues' suggestions didn't resolve the issue. Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support or support@skylum.com so we can take a closer look at your particular case. Be sure to include a link to this thread so we can see what steps you've already taken.

Helga Hufflepuff

Makail Johannesson,

As far as I understand, you have Luminar 4. The instruction sent by Austin Miller is for LuminarAI.

Please, follow these steps below:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Catalog folder as well as Luminar Catalog.luminar file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Finder.
    5. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    6. Launch Terminal.
    7. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.skylum.luminar4
    8. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    9. Close Terminal.
    10. Launch Luminar. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in Pictures folder). 
    Robert Hodson

Hi Luminar AI people. I am also having the white triangle with the exclamation issue. I have gone through steps 1-4 above and nothing. I then went through steps 1-10 and still have the same issue. I know Skylum does not have phone support which REALLY sucks. Is there any pay as you go advanced support where I can have someone sit on the phone with me and solve my problem????? HELP!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Robert, 

Please email us at support@skylum.com or use the form at www.skylum.com/support so we can take a closer look at your particular case. We'll do our best to get this sorted out for you ASAP.

Please sign in to leave a comment.