How do I adjust brush softness in Dodge and Burn using a Danish keyboard that don't feature bracket keys ?

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Jørgen Lock-Andersen

Forgot to mention that I use a Mac computer and keyboard. Don't know if this also apply to Dansk Window keyboards. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Helena Carter

Hi Jørgen Lock-Andersen,

At this time, all shortcuts work with English keyboard layout only. However, I will pass your feedback on to our developers.

Jørgen Lock-Andersen

Thank you Helena

May I suggest a very simple solution to the problem that probably also exist with other non-english keyboards: add a slider to adjust brush softness. 

Margaret Bright

Hi Jørgen,

The sliders for the brush are available in the Dodge&Burn tool: https://prnt.sc/10885ai

The Strength slider will help you adjust the softness. Use the Overall Amount slider to further refine the global intensity of the tool and blend it back with the original image.

Jørgen Lock-Andersen

Hello Margaret 

I don't think that you have understood what I mean. Brush Softness is the transition zone between the center of the brush area and the periphery and this defines the area between the full effect of the brush in the center and out to where there is no effect of the brush. In this area there is a gradual diminishing of the brush effect and this is desirable in most situations in photo editing as opposed to a hard transition from full effekt to no effect . 

The sliders Strength and Overall Amount do not regulate the size of transition zone and hence do not have any influence on brush softness. 

Jim Nix has a recently video, which nicely demonstrates the function Brush Softness and the influence and use of this. "Luminar AI Deep Dive: Dodge and Burn". Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGqqnA8lw4o

Please sign in to leave a comment.