Luminar AI 1.0.1. on OSX 11.2 - warning triangle after restart on all photos

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi!

Please follow the steps below in order to reconnect LuminarAI catalog with the missing folder:

1. Go to the Catalog tab (in the top-bar menu)

2. Right-click the missing folder;

3. Choose Locate Folder from the drop-down menu: http://prntscr.com/w7a408 

4. Find and point to the missing folder.

If the issue remains, please try moving the folders to another location (via Finder) and then launch Luminar and try locating the folders once again.

Comment actions Permalink
    William Pantely

I pre ordered Luminar AI and have been using it regularly, in January I purchased a new iMAC and everything was running well, today I uploaded about 10 photos when I opened Luminar AI everything in the catalog had warning triangles with exclamation marks in them. I tried renaming and moving the catalog and did a right click on the folders to try and locate them but that didn't work.  I keep all my photos in the cloud so I moved them from the cloud to the local drive, opened Luminar AI snd did a find on the catalog and the problem cleared.  

Is there something wrong when working in the cloud?

Hello Anastasia, many thanks, but actually I don't have any missing folder in the view as I imported single pics one by one for processing. See screenshot.

Kate Williams

Hi William,

Do I understand you right that you were able to perform a 'locate folder' action after you've relocated the folder to the internal drive? 
    Or the files got reconnected automatically after you changed the location of the folder? 

Member,

The single image edits are added for quick processing, but they don't become a part of the Library. They need to be processed as exported, then removed from Single Image Edits or transferred to your Library (i.e. to one of the added folders). 

If you decide you want to keep a Single Image Edits photo in your Library, you can simply drag it onto any of the folders in the Library Sidebar. The original photo will be moved on your hard drive into the corresponding folder in your Library. Then, you'll need to remove it from the Single Image Edits. 

The Single Images are not tracked by the application. Therefore, if the Catalog loses connection with this image, and there won't be a chance to reconnect them if they haven't been edited before.

To prevent such situations in the future, here's what I recommend: 

Adding your photos as a part of the folder.

You can create a new folder on your computer, and add a couple of images that you'd like to process. Then, add these files to Luminar by clicking on the + button > Add Folder. 

They will be well-tracked now, and it will be easier to 'locate' them.

For now, please click File > Catalog > New and add images as a part of a folder. 

Klaus Busse

Well, I have exactly this situation, and it happened after updating to 1.0.1. All my single images have been edited before, but still all the image connections seem to be lost.

Duplicating images as you seem to suggest does not seem like a professional solution for me, and I find the notion that this is not considered a serious error pretty lazy on Skylum's part.

You have the file name, and you definitely should be able to reconstruct the path.

This is a bug.

William Pantely

Kate;

Yes, I had to do a "Locate Folder" after I relocated the folders to my local drive.  I don't understand why this happened, I always had my folders in the cloud, it was working fine for several months with the folders in the cloud then when I imported some photos yesterday the problem started.

Kate Williams

Hi Klaus Busse,

If the images were edited, there must be a Lost Edits shortcut there. Is that the case for you? 

If so, please try following the steps here: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/reconnecting-lost-edits

Recently, we've discovered that the connection with the images in the Library can be lost after the Big Sur updates, which introduce new security settings. 

Our team is investigating what can be done to prevent such situations right now, and once they come up with the solution, they will make sure to roll it out.

===================

William Pantely, 

Thanks a lot for the clarification. 

In this case, the issue is unlikely to related to the Cloud storage.
    The connection with files must've been lost after the Big Sur update. Is this the OS you're currently using?
    This is something that we're investigating right now. 

Usually, if the ordinary locate folder procedure doesn't work, our next suggestion would be to relocate the folder (i.e. to change its path) - not necessarily from a cloud storage to an internal drive. Just to ensure that its path is changed. For instance, you could've created an empty folder in your Cloud Storage and move the folder you were trying to locate there. 

Therefore, when you relocated the folder to the internal drive, you were able to perform "Locate" successfully. 

Samantha Riggin

I was using AI yesterday on OS 11.2.1 and all was OK. In the middle of editing I acquired exclamation triangles and blurry photos in my quick edit file.

This is not due to an update. 

Just another reason I am returning this software. I'll stick with Luminar 3.

Please sign in to leave a comment.