Lost connections, lost edits - What a software and what a support!

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi! We are sorry to hear that you have encountered the issue. It is a known one, our technical department is working on it.

We would suggest you restoring your catalog from backup and then trying to locate your folders once again.

Here is how to restore the catalog from backup:

Please try the following steps:
    1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/2fad8457bbb34faa948ea766a002aad8

Let us know how it worked.

Comment actions Permalink
    Black Eyes

I've done this ... still lost connection (triangles are still there)

Anastasia Davis

Hi! Have you reached our support team regarding this? Please follow the instructions we sent you via email and let us know how it goes.

Black Eyes

I have renamed the folder. It seems that it works. 

I will try this solution on others folders to be sure that the solution really works.

Black Eyes

Hi,

It's Crazy again!

There is new update of Big Sur and I've updated my computer, then all connections are lost again!

Blackeyes

Kate Williams

Hi, 

Recently, we've discovered that the connection with the image folders can be lost after the Big Sur updates, which introduce new security settings

Our team is investigating what can be done to prevent such situations right now, and once they come up with the solution, they will make sure to roll it out.

In the meantime, you may want to try out the previously suggested steps to restore the connections. 

I do apologize for these inconveniences. 

Black Eyes

Hi Skylum Team,

First I have big problem and still have problem with slowness of Luminar AI, then deformated pictures that I never received any support from you.

Currently the problem of the lost of connection to the pictures.

Now I think the biggest problem of Luminar AI is the problem of lost of confidence from customers. I have about 3000 edited pictures in different folders. One day it might happen again that start Luminar AI then all 3000 edited pictures are gone as it's happening now. It's not a very pleasant perspective!

Blackeyes

Margaret Bright

Hi Black Eyes,

Please, follow the steps below in order to reconnect Luminar AI catalog with the missing folder:

• Go to the Catalog tab;
    • Right-click the missing root folder;
    • Choose Locate Folder from the drop-down menu: https://prnt.sc/whbw2c;
    • Find and point to the missing folder.

As for the deformed images issue, it is definitely something we'd like to investigate. Please kindly send a request to our support team at https://skylum.com/support and provide them with the information about the issue. If possible, please illustrate the issue with some screenshots.

Black Eyes

Hi Margaret, If you check on the forum, you will see that Locate Folder doesn't work.

Margaret Bright

Black Eyes, sorry to hear that it did now work for you. According to the reports from our users, for many of them, this solution has proven to be helpful. That is why this is the first thing that we suggest.

Some of our users have also reported that moving the folder to another location and locating it within Luminar helps get this issue resolved. Please make sure that Luminar is closed before you move the folder.

If the issue persists this way as well, we will be happy to take a deeper look at what may be causing this issue in your case and help you get it resolved. If you'd like our team to investigate this for you, please get in touch with them at https://skylum.com/support and they will make sure to get your Luminar up and running as soon as possible.

I hope we can get this fixed for you soon.

Please sign in to leave a comment.