Getting Luminar4 edits (catalog?) onto new pc

Answered

Comments

3 comments

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Kim Goodyear,

Will do my best to help. If you need to move your edits to a new pc, please, make sure to transfer your original catalog to a new computer. As far as I see, you've already done that. Once you transfer catalog, you would need to open it from within Luminar 4 app pressing File > Catalog > Open.

Please, note that Luminar 4 Catalog.luminar is a default name, which is assigned to any new catalog you create. In your case, you would need to press File > Catalog > Open and navigate to Pictures\Luminar Catalog-4\Luminar Catalog.luminar, which is your original catalog.

We would suggest you to make sure all your images are located in the same folders/subfolders as it was on your old pc, so Luminar 4 does not have issues with locating those images on a new pc.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kim Goodyear

Hello Helga,

Thanks for the very quick reply. I did as you outlined above and was able to see all the photos, but no edits. Also, there was a ! inside a triangle in the upper left corner of every photo and also next to the folders in the library. This stumped me for the longest time. I looked in the manual to see what the ! in the triangle means but was unable to find it.

Eventually I came across some information in the manual that caused me to right click on the Pictures folder and re-select it in Explorer. That worked! (FYI in case others are experiencing this too).

Kate Williams

Hi Kim,

The exclamation marks next to folders mean that the software has lost connection with them. It can happen when the files are relocated or renamed while Luminar is not running. What we suggest in such cases is right-clicking the folder with an exclamation mark > Locate Folder > selecting it in Explorer. 

Basically, exactly what you've done. I'm happy to know that you're up and running now! :) 

Please sign in to leave a comment.