Masking brush

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mike,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support or email support@skylum.com with a screenshot of the issue so we can take a closer look at the problem.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mike Ellison

Think I understand this anomaly more now.
    I've been using Luminar on both a PC and a laptop since version 3.
    My new laptop satisfies minimum criteria needed to run Luminar 4.
    I can't send a screen shot of something that doesn't appear to be happening.
    Whilst Luminar is ready to delete the 'marked' area(s) of the photo within about a minute as normal - the bottom left corner of the screen continues ticking away for 10+ minutes until the highlighted area turns pink - no matter how small. 

Kate Williams

Hi Mike, 

Which tool are you referring to? Is it Erase? It seems to mark the necessary areas just fine, see the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/z45gd4 

until the highlighted area turns pink > I'd still appreciate it if you could forward the screenshot of this behavior to our support team. 

Mike Ellison

Thanks Kate
    To keep it in context, this is frustrating but not a major problem  as I use the delete tool infrequently. In any case I have the desktop which operates normally.
    I attach a couple of screen shots of an unspectacular snap I took with my phone earlier this week .
    1. "Example" is the original snap transferred from my phone (Pixel 4a)
    2.  "2 full screen"  is a screenshot of the same photo open in Luminar 4 on my destop PC. As you'll see that shows the areas to be erased in pink as per normal.
    3.  "3. Laptop Screenshot"  was simply  taken to 'prove' that the erase tool appears on my laptop screen  as normal when I try to select an area for deletion (though I would obviously not use this size normally)

As the 'pink marking' doesn't appear on the laptop screen I can only guess that I have marked the correct area (and haven't accidentally marked others).
    The 'image processing' message appears in the bottom left of the screen as normal. Sometimes this disappears quickly - sometimes it takes an age. 
    But as soon as I tap the 'done' button (top right) the image is processed as normal. As long as my guess was good, the result is as intended.
    I'm happy to try anything to resolve or further test the issue
    thanks
    Mike

Margaret Bright

Mike Ellison,

Could you please let us know, which version of Luminar you have on your laptop? The one that does not show the masked (pink) area.

You can check it via Help > About Luminar 4 in the top menu.

Mike Ellison

Thanks Margaret, here's a screenshot.

Regards
    Mike

Please sign in to leave a comment.