Comments

8 comments

• Official comment
    Kirk Osborn

Hi! Could you please clarify the exact workflow that you want to use?

Comment actions Permalink
    alan Pearce

My ideal would be to use topaz as a plug in with Luminar AI. But I think that at the moment is not possible. I have read that it has been possible to make luminar AI a plug in to luminar 4. I know that topaz works as a plug-in to luminar 4. Therefore I could use luminar 4 to access topaz and then send the image to luminar AI for final editing.
    I take wildlife photos using very high ISO therefore need the power of topaz denoise AI in my workflow

mark thomas

alan Pearce Yes it can be done,I have it setup that way on my Mac.

Make sure you install the Luminar AI photshop plugin (you don't need to have photoshop to do this) from the Luminar AI/install plugins menu. You should end up with an adobe directory on your Mac similar to the path shown in the supplied screenshot.Then start Luminar 4 and add the Luminar AI plugin from the Edit/Plugins/Other/Open Plugin menu item.

alan Pearce

Thanks mark for your reply but unfortunately its not working. I am using Big Sur 11.1. In Luminar AI I install the photoshop plug in as requested. I can follow the path Mac HD, Library, application support, Abobe but at this point I cannot find plug-inns. if I do a search in library I can find the luminar AI plugin.plugin but its not in the path you have shown. Can you help? I'm at the limit of how my iMac works!

mark thomas

alan Pearce I am on an M1 processor Mac with big sur.

I would try loading that Luminar AI plugin.plugin from whatever path you found in your search from within Luminar 4 and see if it works. It may be just where Luminar AI decided to install it on your system .Let me know if it works or not :) .

mark thomas

alan Pearce Just a thought, I had both the Luminar 4 and Luminar AI plugins installed. Perhaps it was Luminar 4 that made that directory when I first installed it's plugin ? .You could try uninstalling the Luminar AI plugin if you have no luck, and then Install the Luminar 4 photoshop plugin and the Luminar AI photoshop plugin after and see if that changes anything ? .

alan Pearce

It has worked! thank you Mark. Am I right in thinking you use the facility to batch process in Luminar AI when using it as a plug in?

mark thomas

alan Pearce TBH Alan it was one of those things I just tried to see if it was possible. I am a very casual photographer,so have never even tried batch processing as I don't process a huge number of images.Hopefully it works for you if you require it.

Please sign in to leave a comment.