Comments

8 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Gene,

Thank you for the suggestion. For now, we don't have plans to introduce layers to Luminar AI, but I will forward your request to our developers to have them consider it for the future.

Comment actions Permalink
    Robert Grenader

You want to make a real dent in bringing Lightroom Classic users over to Luminar A!?  Then add layer (and blending) support to the software.  It is sorely missed from the pre AI versions.

I would definitely second this. I just bought AI and I'm shattered to find out that Layers have been removed in this version. I really with I had found this out before the purchase as it makes it less than useful for me. I am considering asking for a refund as it no longer fits my needs. I tried the suggestion of using Local Masking, but all I get is a white box covering the image where the layer should be. Really bad and means that I now have to open a second image processor to do what I used to be able to do just in Luminar. Backwards step, and one that seems to be causing problems for others as well. At this stage it will be the last Luminar product I'll buy, as the steps backward keep coming with every new edition.

antonio Sechi

Agree 100%, either you bring layers back or add more tools to the local masking (both seem fine to me).

John Weddel

Just purchased AI.... and discovered that layers has not been included.   Very disappointing.  I wouldn't have purchased AI had I known.  The local masking is not the same!

Federico Lazzari

Yes please. Add layers back. Local masking is no replacement, and if I need to explain why, then your business is not that of photo editing tools.

What a waste of money. Masking is a nice tool but it does not replace layers. I want my money back.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Member,

Please reach out to our support team https://skylum.com/support and we'll assist you with a refund request.

Please sign in to leave a comment.