Luminar AI 1.0.1 Available Now

Comments

36 comments

Bob Shrader

Alina Skylum

Thanks for this explanation of the refinements made to Luminar with the dot release. So far, so good --- EXCEPT

This release did not fix the bug we Macintosh users of Affinity Photo have with the Luminar AI plugin. It still will not run in Affinity Photo. I installed the plugin from Library->Application Support->Skylum Software->Plugins. The Luminar AI plugin shows up in the Affinity Photo Plugins menu, and it starts. After a few moments a "Plugin Started" prompt appears on the screen. However, the process stalls there, and a Force Quit has to be used to close Affinity Photo.

My system macOS 11.1

Comment actions Permalink

I'm still noticing crashes. It is by far not as bad as it used to be, but it still crashes when I use clone and Face AI.

Still takes close to a minute to load on Mojave, whereas Luminar 4 takes only a few seconds. It’s still not fixed in this release !

Brad Slama

I'm with Member. I downloaded and installed the update THEN restarted my iMac (Using Mojave, 32GB of RAM with no other programs open and, only 11 images in the AI library). It took 42 seconds to launch instead of 51 seconds prior to the update. Not great.

52 seconds for me, Mac Pro late 2013 with 64GB of ram, and D700 6GB GPU. Not great at all...

Again no issues with Luminar 4, only Luminar AI

Dan Bishop

1st edit with new version. Made changes in Enhance and Sky; moved to Clone and Stamp and all changes were lost.

bertrand mazzega

Impossible to resize objects like balloon, fireworks and others. No square appears around the object to transform.

But Great App  :))

Sam Khayal

does it work with apple M1?

Austin Miller

Hi Sam.

Luminar AI works great on Apple M1 processors! It works via Rosetta 2.

We will do our best to implement a native compatibility with Apple M1 processors as soon as it is possible.

So did anyone manage to open Luminar AI on a Mac in a reasonable amount of time ? Say less than 15 seconds, and on what OS ?

Black Eyes

I opened Luminar AI in 12 seconds on iMax 27" late 2015, i7 4GHz, 32GHz RAM.

I find more annoying the slowness while editing the pictures, with v1.0.1 included

Lynne Pariseau

no issues with Luminar 4 but Luminar AI still takes 20 or 30 seconds to open even when used as a plugin....Macbook Pro with lots of memory and Hard Drive space.

Black Eyes Lynne Pariseau what OS are you on ? Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur ?

Black Eyes

I am with Catalina 10.15.7

It seems that all those with very slow launch times (40 seconds and up) are on Mojave... including me.
    Skylum is this gonna be fixed or not ? Again my Mac has no issue whatsoever with Luminar 4, only AI.

Kate Williams

W.F,

I can confirm that there's an issue with a long launch time on macOS Mojave. It's expected to be fixed in one of the following updates. 

Black Eyes

Hi Skylum Team, can you also confirm that Luminar AI is also deadly slow and will be improved in the next update? Thanks

Austin Miller

Hello! Please note that the performance depends on the PC configuration and how many images there are in the Luminar AI catalog.

However, we are always improving the performance of Luminar with updates.

Black Eyes

I have iMac 27" late 2015, i7 4GHz, 32 GHz RAM, Catalina.

Bob Shrader

There's been no response to my question as to whether the bug with the Luminar AI plugin failing to run in Affinity Photo on Mac systems will be fixed. Yes? No?

Thanks.

Austin Miller

Hello Back Eyes.

Could you please specify how many images you have in the library? Are you working with RAW images?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Bob

Please note that the interactions of Affinity Photo and Luminar AI are not documented officially both for macOS and Windows. We cannot say that Luminar AI will be supported as a plugin for Affinity Photo in the foreseen future.

Black Eyes

In the library, I have less than 100 RAW pictures.

Crazy ... I have opened one picture ... what happended to my picture? Normally it occupies the whole screen and now it has been shrinked  (the pink rectangle is used to hide the 2 persons)!!!

Klaus Busse

After the update all my images show a ⚠️, and can not be selected anymore.

How to proceed?

Kate Williams

Hi Klaus Busse,

These steps should help: 

1. Go to the Catalog tab (in the top-bar menu)

2. Right-click the missing folder;

3. Choose Locate Folder from the drop-down menu: http://prntscr.com/w7a408 

4. Find and point to the missing folder.

If there's a lost edits shortcut: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/reconnecting-lost-edits

Black Eyes

Hi Klaus

I am surprised that Skylum team is still suggesting the just above solution by locating the folder. I have tried it and it didn't work for me.

Another Skylum's solution that works for me

"Also, please try to do these steps:

1. Close LuminarAI.
    2. Rename your folder "Nature".
    3. Open LuminarAI and try to locate the folder again."

Klaus Busse

Actually, I don't have a folder, I have only single pictures added, because I have to duplicate my raw files. There doesn't seem to be an option to locate single files though :-/

Elena O'Brien

Hi Klaus Busse,

Regrettably, the Single Image Edits images cannot be relocated.

We recommend keeping the images in the folders in order not to lose the connection to them.

Klaus Busse

Can you name any reason why this isn't possible?

The file name and other Metadata are there, so there still is some entry in the database. Where is the problem to reset the path? Seriously… all the AI is worth little if I have to copy files to save their location.

P.S.: Yesterday I found the most curious thing:

I can add new photos from a folder from which I added other photos earlier, and process them just fine.

However, when I'm trying to add a photo that I already have in my Image edits, Luminar AI jumps to the picture that I already have – and of course it still shows the warning triangle.

So, this does not look at all like the files can not be found, or an issue with access right, because Luminar detects and resolves the collision, and can process images with the exact same rights.

This clearly looks like an error on Skylum's side.

Helena Carter

Klaus Busse,

Please note that the single image edits are added for processing, but they don't become a part of the Library. They need to be processed as exported, then removed from Single Image Edits or transferred to your Library (i.e. to one of the added folders). 
    If you decide you want to keep a Single Image Edits photo in your Library, you can simply drag it onto any of the folders in the Library Sidebar. The original photo will be moved on your hard drive into the corresponding folder in your Library. Then, you'll need to remove it from the Single Image Edits. The Single Image edits are not tracked by the application. Therefore, if you rename or change the location of the original file while Luminar isn't running, the Library will lose connection with this image, and there won't be a chance to reconnect lost edits.

Klaus Busse

Helena, thanks for coming back to this, however, your answer is beside the point. Maybe I wasn't clear enough here:

• I have not moved or renamed any file [1]
    • Luminar AI still finds the files: If I try to add them, it immediately jumps to the existing file, therefore the connection is not lost at all.
    • I can edit other files from the exact same directories 
    • However, the existing files are not editable.

My educated guess is that you have made breaking changes in the internal format for representing the Luminar single image edits, or that there was a change in file URL handling with BigSur 11.2.1 that causes this behavior.

Klaus

[1] … and I definitely do not plan to do so, so dragging them to the Library – which moves the file – is breaking a lot of things in other places. Photographers in general do neither like to move nor duplicate files, especially RAW files. It breaks a huge numbers of things.

Please sign in to leave a comment.