Answered

Comments

5 comments

Helga Egilsdottir

Hi there,

In this case, let's try the following:

Let's try the following solutions:

1. Make sure Luminarᴬᴵ is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar AI Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar AI Catalog folder as well as Luminar AI Catalog.luminarai file inside this folder. Choose any name you like. 
    4. Start Luminarᴬᴵ. Click File > Catalog > Open > navigate inside the folder you renamed in Step 3 > double-click Luminar AI Catalog.luminarai file you've renamed in Step 2.

If the 4 steps above don't help:

1. Make sure Luminarᴬᴵ is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar AI Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar AI Catalog folder as well as Luminar AI Catalog.luminarai file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Finder.
    5. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    6. Launch Terminal.
    7. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.skylum.luminarai
    8. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    9. Close Terminal.
    10. Launch Luminarᴬᴵ. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in Pictures folder). 
    Comment actions Permalink
    Xavier Merut

Thank you Helga for your answer !

I tried both ways ... it didn't work ... 

Hopefully it doesn't  crash with brand new photos , so i m gonna stay like this and will try to correct my photos only one time 

Yours sincerely

Xavier

Elena O'Brien

Hi Xavier Merut,

Kindly let me know the following: 
    1. Does it happen with all the images or just this particular one? Edited or unedited? 
    2. In what way is this photo edited? Please send me a screenshot from the History tab: https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/history 
    You may need to ensure that the app has full disc access and access to files and folders (see the example: http://prntscr.com/q8t6w2). Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
    Besides, please try the following: 
    1. Ensure that the size of the image does not exceed 15,000 pixels on one of the edges. 
    2. Try disabling your antivirus software. 
    3. Try changing the export directory to an alternative one. Make sure that you have all the read-and-write permissions for it: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-permissions-for-files-folders-or-disks-mchlp1203/mac 
    4. Please verify that you have an admin account: https://oit.ncsu.edu/it-security/antivirus/how-to-tell-if-you-are-an-administrator/ 
    5. Reboot your computer. 
    If the issue persists, please let me know.

Xavier Merut

Hi Elena O'Brien

Thanks for your answer!!

I tried the steps you mentioned before but it did ' t work 

I found what this problem is, I did several tests ... 

It happens only when you want to export a photo in a folder with the original photo ( so the same name ) 

if you click on : replace file it crashes 

If you export your file in a different folder  or if you rename the photo (so you keep the original photo and export the corrected one ) it works  

SO THE SOLUTION IS : RENAME THE EXPORTED PHOTO (and eventually put the original in the trash after )  BUT DON 'T CLICK ON "REPLACE THE FILE"

Quite easy to solve at the end of the day :-) 

Elena O'Brien

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience and the solution!

We will make sure to test it from our side to make sure it won't happen again.

Have a wonderful day!

Please sign in to leave a comment.