How to rename an edited photo to save it

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Helga Egilsdottir

Hello Lesley Bridge,

Please, note that for now it is not possible to rename the file within your catalog, however when you export an image, you can surely rename it. Thus you end up with original image and edited image with a new name.

Comment actions Permalink
    Lesley Bridge

Thanks Helga for getting back to me. I can’t see how to rename an edited file and retain the original unedited file, when I go to File Export it just gives me the folder where it goes. If I press options there is no place to rename the file. 
    I always save edited images under a new name to keep the original when I use photoshop lightroom or elements so I am bemused why this is isn’t easy with luminar. Thank you Lesley

Helga Egilsdottir

Lesley Bridge,

Thank you for your response. Can you please kindly clarify: are you trying to export several images at the same time? If that is the case, I'm sorry to inform you that it is not possible to change names during export process of several images. I will make sure to forward your suggestion to a relevant team. Much appreciated!

Lesley Bridge

Just trying to rename one image

Victoria Grace

Hi Lesley,

There is a File Name field in the export window. You may change the name there - https://prnt.sc/xnxcid

Lesley Bridge

I don't get that export box come up as an when I press file export in Luminar 4 or if I go to export to image, can you show me where you are getting the Export image dialogue you showed me please Victoria

Austin Miller

Hello Lesley.

Could you please send us a screenshot of how the export window looks like on your side?

Lesley Bridge

Thanks Victoria and everyone else for your assistance - have cracked it!!! not sure what I've been doing wrong or not seeing but finally I have the ability to rename an edited photo. I think some of my issues stem from changing from Windows to Mac and a new programme Luminar at the same time. As I bought the new Mac OS during lockdown I have been unable to take advantage of in store tuition so am finding after years of Windows with Lightroom and Elements editing that the new system and programmes are challenging. So appreciative to people reaching out to help - I daresay there will be more queries but at least I know where to come. Thanks again

Please sign in to leave a comment.