LuminarAI (7348) on Windows 10, Thoughts after few weeks use

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Yener Bülbül

Sorry to hear this. Similar here. BUT!: Maybe Skylum should communicate for what this software was intended. From my point of view is for Hobby and max. semi professional photographers as an easy to use raw developer who wants to work on hundreds of pictures at the same time. As a goodie it has a few tools. But not more. Its not a second L I G H T R O O M. It saves a lot of time. I work right now on 1300 raws from my last holiday. 1250 get "developed" by the AI 100% automatically. On the other 50 I use the Pro tools. Thats it. I still cant believe how easy it is. I used Photolab 4 and all older versions before. But here is the problem the software handle the skin of face the same like a tree, street or wall. Luminar AI recognizes skin and face and dont chnage the colours of those areas.

Again: If somebody looks for an alternative L I G H T R O O M or similar then from my point of view Luminar AI is not the right software! If somebody wnats to save a lot of time and will have a lot of automatics (AI) the Luminar is the rigth choice.

Anyway the software is still very, very buggy. But I locatetd now the bugs and I know now how to handle them.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mark Haskell-Cooper

Yener,

I agree with your points. I think this program is ok for doing snaps, and such like, but not so good for the professional photographers out there who need more control etc. I am hoping they will at least solve the many problems this program has in due time so that at least it is more useable - far to buggy and slow in performance at the moment.

Mark

Michael Raith

<< One of the most annoying bugs is that when using the masking tool, it seems like the reference for the mask is wrongly saved, meaning; I have a photo I was working with on and off. At one point, the mask had moved, lost its reference or whatever the cause. I deleted the mask and did it again and the same would happen later. >>

Unfortunately, I had to find this out today, the hard way as well... Luminar isnt able to save a painted local mask in the exact location that I painted it into.... thus applying my changes to parts of the image they dont belong to -> making the tool completely unusable.

In addition, im asking myself why in Januarty 2021 Luminar AI still cant support Canon EOS R5 RAW files. The camera was officially introduced in July 2020.

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I want to assure you that we do listen and want to create the perfect software for you to use. So thank you for making Luminar better!

In case you have encountered any crashes, please make sure to reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll get that sorted for you.

Elena O'Brien

Also, just to clarify, Luminar AI is for photographers at any level, from beginners to professional photographers.

Lars Jensen

That might be the intentions Elena, but I am though happy I don't have to rely on this software for professional editing. It is seriously buggy on a Windows computer. The update 1.0.1 did not solve anything but rearranging the UI.

I just spent a good portion of my time editing a photo using many of the handles available including Local Masking. Getting to a point where I liked my edit I exited edit and the photo was reset to something completely useless. 

However appealing it is to edit a photo based on the concept in Lumina, I cannot use it and will refrain to more stable programs like Capture One if this is not changing.

Please sign in to leave a comment.