Answered

Comments

14 comments

Tom Lang

Lacking options

Can’t get edit to work.

Comment actions Permalink
    Austin Miller

Hello Tom. Export speed depends on how many edits you've applied and the format that you are exporting. The specs of your device also influence the export speed.

Are you working with RAW images? What are your computer specs?

Stephan

Hello Austin,

how is the export speed on your skylum hardware? If you use a 24 MP RAW file? Between 1-5 seconds, between 5-10 seconds, between 10-15 seconds or more?

If I had export an UNEDITED RAW (24 MB, 24 MP APS-C Fuji) on a Macbook M1 or a Macbook Pro 2017 it already tooks about 18 seconds on the M1 and about 30 seconds on the Macbook Pro. I know M1 is using Rosetta... 

So please let us know how fast is it on your computers that we have a benchmark and we know what we could expect in the best case.

Kate Williams

Hi Stephan

For reference, on a Macbook Pro (early 2015), 8 GB of RAM, macOS Big Sur, it took an unedited  Fuji X-T30 .RAF (56,2 mb) to get exported from Luminar AI. Canon EOS R (26,2 mb)- ~30 seconds. 

We do acknowledge that there's room for improvement when it comes to export and we'll do our best to bake said improvements in the following updates.

Tom Lang

Exporting a single image in 30 seconds is ok. My issue is taking 50 minutes to export 100 

one remedy would be to create a jpeg of each completed editing session  these jpegs could be quickly exported  

the problem with the current system is all the edits are performed sequentially on all the images as they are readied for export 

Stephan

Hi Kate,

thank you so much for your honest answer.

This means that export times of about 30 seconds for a single (unedited) photo are not unusual. The time will increase if the photo has been further edited or more MP.

What I don't understand is why this is not communicated in complaints. When I write to the support or here in the forum that an export is slow and takes about 30 seconds. Then someone should say that it's not my computer's fault and that these times are just normal. In the best case I can expect maybe x seconds at the moment.

Stephan

Hi Tom,

maybe I didn't get i right but where is the difference? 1 picture in 30 seconds or 100 in 3000 seconds (50 minutes)?

So we have the same speed here. Every picture needs about 30 seconds.

Martim Durão

Hi, for me (MacBook Pro Mid 2015, 512 SSD DRIVE, 16GB-RAM Quad Core i7 2.2)

BEST Export Times For a X-T3 Raw File with “exactly” same edits (Without Any Ai Tools)

Adobe Lightroom 10 - 24 Seconds

ON1 Photo Raw 2021 - 16 Seconds

Skylum Luminar 3.2 - 49 Seconds

Skylum Luminar 4.3 - 46 Seconds

Skylum Luminar Ai - 41 Seconds

Capture One 2021 - 10 Seconds *****WINNER*****

Exposure X6 - 15 Seconds

How About This? Space for improvement? Tons of Space. Took me 3,5 hours to export 160 Baptism edited Photos from my XT3 Raw Files.

Pinaki Banerjee

Since the export takes considerable amount of time, I would love to put some of my images for exporting while I continue to work on the rest. Currently, I have to simply wait until the export finishes. Is there a way to enable export in the background ?

Stephan

I have installed the demo of the last version.Version 1.2.0

Now the export takes only 4-5 seconds. Before it tooks about 30 seconds on my Macbook Air M1. 

Martim Durão

Hi Stephan, not everyone here has the money to upgrade now to the M1. I'm really happy for you. Since Luminar ditched its development of the library, versions, layers and Luminosity Masking, still hasn't made any considerable development on export, export in the background... I was forced to choose Lightroom as my main editor and Luminar as a plugin. This was sad for me because I've been a believer for the last 4 years and made me spend more money. Luminar had the ability of being one of the best... but I guess the mentality of being a plugin developer has never left the company...

Lightroom Classic 2021 takes 6 seconds to export on my MacBook Pro Mid 2015 i7 16GB RAM and 512SSD. Liminar Ai 1.2 still takes an astonishing 38".

Well, if Lightroom Takes me 6", it will be instantaneous on your MacBook Air M1... Hurray!

Stephan

Hi Martim,

it wasn't my point that everyone should get an M1. :-)
    The last post here is two months old. No updates from anyone. So it is just an update from my side that the export is now a lot faster with the last version of Luminar AI on a M1 Macbook.

As I said before. I had export times from about 30 seconds on older versions too. So good news for any M1 user who had problems before.

I can't say anything about Macs with Intel chips regarding possible performance improvements with the latest version.

Martim Durão

hi Stephan, Thank you for your reply,

yes M1 Chip Series from Apple is revolutionising the Laptop and Mobile World, once again... It will most certainly my future investment...

Thomas Reiner

Seems there is no iproovments on this, i have a XEON with 12 cores and 64 GB RAM and it takes to export one raw some times over a minute... thats crazy... on my Laptop, what is a Ryzen 5 with 32 GB RAM some times even longer... for me a deal breaker

Please sign in to leave a comment.