Reviewers don't mention Luminar IA's faults

Answered

Comments

12 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing issues with our software.
    Are you by any chance encountering sluggishness in opening on Mojave? If so, we have been able to reproduce the long start-up time issue on Mojave. It should be sorted out in one of the upcoming updates.

Otherwise, please make sure that your computer meets our system requirements:
    https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/technical-requirements 

(for better performance, we recommend Intel® Core™ i7 and 16+ Gb of RAM)

By the way, we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if the app doesn't meet your expectations, you can request a full refund at http://skylum.com/support 

Comment actions Permalink
    Matt Orth

Tim

https://skylum.com/affiliates-program

The more copies they sell through their websites, the more money they make.  That’s why. 

Vincent Mojapelo

Hi Helga,

Please advise the technical specs of the computer that you use, and which operating system. I am in the process of replacing my computer and would like to get the exact model and specifications that you are using, that way I can avoid all the many issues luminar ai users are complaining about. Thanks

Black Eyes

Hi All,

I wonder if any user can use Luminar AI with acceptable speed???

I have iMac late 2015, i7 4GHz and 32Gb RAM. Between each operation, even just select and having a picture displayed I can go for a coffe (about 15 seconds delayed).

Support team recommends a PRAM reset (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063) ... but unfortunately it doesn't really improve the speed.

Vincent Mojapelo

Skylum will not accept responsibility for their flawed software. Instead they will gaslight you and try to make you believe there is something wrong with your computer.

I have come to understand that for some reason, luminar is unable to make use of all the cores and threads on your cpu. These are like lanes on a highway. The more lanes you have, the more traffic (data) can flow. When there is an accident and a few of the lanes are closed, this causes traffic to back up. Well luminar is kind of like that. Because they only use 2 or so of the 16 (or more) available lanes, luminar will always process data (images) slowly. You could boost your RAM, get a faster processor, upgrade your GPU, you would still be limited to those 2 lanes of CPU processing and therefore likely end up addicted to coffee!

I've requested a refund and its been approved and I'll hopefully receive it soon. I suggest you do the same. It's a shame really because it's a great product, just with sucky speed. Like a tortoise with a diamond encrusted shell.

Black Eyes

Skylum Team, please wake up!

Tim Palmer-Benson

The sloppy programming evident in almost everything produced by Skylum will hopefully sink the company in the end or result in a takeover by one of those hedge funds whose only purpose is to bilk the public even more!

Helga Hufflepuff

Cuong Cao, Tim Palmer-Benson

I'm very sorry to hear about performance issues you encountered. Our team is currently working on performance improvements and I would appreciate if you tried Luminar AI after we release an update. Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. We will make sure to make Luminar AI work better.

Black Eyes

I could download and install the last version 1.0.1, I have quickly tried.

- Previously I could have a coffee between each operation, now just have time for an expresso. Last update works quicklier but still room for improvements.

- There are no more sub-menus. On my 27",  have now to scroll down to use PORTRAIT and PRO.

Keep working & improving

Tim Palmer-Benson

The 101 version is still slow as molasses, taking almost two minutes to load on my Macpro as before. No difference in the performance once loaded it runs okay, No other photographic software does this and I have them all!

Black Eyes

The speed brought by 101 is tiny. It works a little bit better but I have still wait between each operation.

I wonder how Skylum Team cannot notice the slowness of their software ... ???

Vincent Mojapelo

I got my refund in full with no arguments. Thank you Skylum.

To all who are frustrated by the sluggishness of the software and all the empty promises of updates, I suggest you get your refund too. Unless you want to donate to the CEO's hefty bonus because i can assure you that none of it will be used to improve luminar the way you'd like. They'll just keep stringing you along and you'll waste more and more money investing in computing power that can hack the pentagon but can't open a RAW image in luminar in under 25 seconds!

Please sign in to leave a comment.