Photo screensaver Windows 10

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Kate Williams

Hi P.F. van den Berg,

Welcome to the Forum!

Let's get to the bottom of this issue:

Did these images look the same in the main edit window of Luminar AI, including at 100% zoom?

Did you configure the screen saver to take photos from a specific folder containing only the necessary images? https://winaero.com/set-photos-screen-saver-windows-10/ 

The thing is, by default, the Photos screensaver is set to load your images from the This PC \ Pictures folder. The Luminar AI Catalog is also located there by default, and it has a Preview Cache folder inside. It's possible that the screen saver displays the thumbnails from the Preview Cache folder instead of the actual photos. 

Comment actions Permalink
    P.F. van den Berg

I think you are right. I have now set the screensaver as a test so that it really only takes images from the images I edited (saved as JPG after editing RAW images) and they go well in the screensaver. The images that I see incorrectly come from another folder that contains thumbnails or something. Would like to throw or delete this folder. Does that cause problems?

P.F. van den Berg

I thank it the folder 'preview cache'. Can I regularly empty it completely?

Kate Williams

@P.F. van den Berg,

Deleting the PreviewCache folder won't affect the software, please feel free to do so. However, please keep in mind that the previews will be regenerated when you launch Luminar, as that's the current Catalog design. 

The Preview Cache folder has a certain size limit that cannot be exceeded. When its size approaches this limit, the older thumbnails get removed and replaced by the newer ones. 

For your screen saver to display only the edited pics, just make sure that it doesn't take photos from the entire Pictures folder. 

Or else, you can move your catalog folder to any other location. Here's how:

• Make sure Luminar is closed.
    • Go to the Pictures folder (C:\Users\%username%\Pictures). 
    • Move the Luminar AI Catalog folder to any other location on your internal drive. 
    • Launch Luminar. It will prompt you either to create a new catalog or choose the existing one. Chose the latter option and navigate to the new location of your Luminar Catalog. 
      Open Luminar Catalog folder > locate .luminarai file inside > open it. 

Hope this helps. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.