Apple ProRAW format support

Answered

Comments

45 comments

Andrey Rudenko

One year! Such an incredible ignorance…

Comment actions Permalink

hi, there is some news? maybe with Luminar Neo?

Julian Armstrong

I have just run into this problem with an iPhone 13 Pro taking Apple Pro-Raw.  Looking back through the posts, which pre-date by over a year the horrible events in Ukraine, I must flag that the problem is still there.  It really does need fixing if the teams at Skylum can possibly find a way under current circumstances.

Andrey Rudenko

Hi, I have had to turn completely back to Adobe Lightroom / Adobe Photoshop as almost unique reliable solution for Apple ProRAW format... Pity.

all we know the dramatic situation in Ukraine, and the Skylum's team advice us that they are there, so my pretty wish of e future of peace.

For the software, I'm sorry that we are waiting yet for the update that introduces the Apple ProRAW profile. 

for now, I'm looking too a valide alternative, like Lightroom.

it's a shame, really. 

I think that the iPhone and Luminar AI / Neo combination is the best, but I'm afraid that this update will not come, forever. 

I hope that the people of Skylum have the possibility to answer us, because it means that they are ok and can work. 

Louis Quah

Luminar AI update to 1.5.2 still not support on iPhone RAW? 

Andrey Rudenko

Hi Louis Quah, unfortunately not.

Louis Quah

Pity… they can have support for those latest cameras but not iPhone ProRaw? What happens?

Elena Blum

Hi everyone,

You're right - this isn't seamless at the moment. However, I'll let our team know that you'd like to see this functionality, so we'll consider it for future development. 

BC Evans

You know Elena, nothing personal and maybe that's what they tell you to say, but in reality this means maybe nothing as you've been saying this for over a year and nothing has happened. These statements seem aimed to appease people and take the pressure off of really doing anything. "we'll consider it for future development" doesn't ring true at all. Better to just be honest and say this won't be added and no one is or will be working on it as we've decided not to include it. There are a growing number of people, a huge number actually, using iPhones for photography that want to use this. But you've evidently decided not enough. Each new iPhone starting with iPhone 12 Pro Max will include iPhone ProRAW. And if you included processing this in Luminar AI and Luminar Neo and promoted this you'd sell a lot more software and keep those of us who spent our money on your products happy. 

BC Evans

The other thing is all of us I'm sure feel terrible for what's happening in Ukraine and care about all of you deeply. Prayers up for all of you. And prayers that the brutal war crimes committed by Russia will end and the leaders responsible will be removed permanently from the world community and be punished for their unspeakable crimes.  

Hello everyone.
    I have asked a refund.
    The skylum team will don’t develop this app for apple pro raw, never.

Louis Quah

Mind share the process for refund? I got both Ai and Neo

Julian Armstrong

I completely agree with, and support the comment from B C Evans.  Again, we are all extremely supportive of the team in Ukraine and the appalling current events, but this decision on where to put technical resources is just plain wrong, unless, that is, there is something in the programming which makes the proper rendering of Apple Raw unmanageable in the Skylum software architecture, in which case you should tell us.

Tania Taylor

Hi!

We're sorry to hear that you feel disappointed. I have added all your votes to the corresponding discussion with our team.

Concerning refund requests, please send us an email at skylum.com/support. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.