Tony

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Marco Marrocco

Hi Tony,

Are those all from the marketplace, or did you save some of them yourself? Also, what's the exact folder where you're putting them?

One thing I have noticed, while moving looks from one computer to another, is that Aurora and Luminar take a while to refresh the looks database; it is definitely not in real tiime and it took me at least a couple restarts of the applications for all the looks to show up.

You might also want to try this, if you haven't already: If some of the looks you have came as a pack ([packname].maupack) did you try to import them through the option in the file menu, as opposed to just manually moving the single looks to the folder? In my experience this is usually the safer and quicker way.

As a very last heads-up: be aware that, even if you get the 2018 looks to show up in Aurora 2019, they're not guaranteed to give the exact same result because of differences in the compositing engine - this at least it what the support staff usually warns us about.

Hope this helps. Kindest regards,

--

Marco

Comment actions Permalink
    Tony Pacino

Hi Marco

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to copy looks from my Luminar 4 "Looks Folder" to the "Aurora Looks Folder".

Most of what I am trying to move are .lmp.  So, not sure if what I am trying to do will work, but Aurora doesn't seem to pick them up when I start the software up.

Regards

Tony

Marco Marrocco

Oh, okay; I'm sure that support can confirm this, but IIRC Luminar and Aurora looks are not compatible with each other. It would be different it it were Aurora 2018 looks to Aurora 2019 (or Aurora HDR, which is the current application name) with the above caveat.

If the source looks are indeed from Luminar, regardless of the version, I don't think you'll have a chance at porting them to Aurora succesfully.

FYI, my valid imported Aurora looks have a .maup or .sal file extension, depending on where they originally came from. and the folder is

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Aurora HDR\Data\Looks\Extra

Regards,

--

Marco

Helga Egilsdottir

Hi Tony Pacino,

Please, note that Marco is right: Luminar looks are not compatible with Aurora HDR and vice versa. This is why they could not be imported.

Tony Pacino

Hi Helga

Thank you. Saves me pulling my hair out 😊

Please sign in to leave a comment.