star/color ratings request

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Dan,

The color and star ratings are indeed not included in Luminar AI. You can mark them as favorites or reject them. Here you can find more info about rating images in Luminar AI:

https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/rating-images

When Skylum designed Luminar AI it was with a fresh perspective. It has always been intended to be viewed as a new application and not an upgrade to Luminar 4. As such, the design group carefully evaluated the purpose of the product and its intended audience.

Luminar AI is designed to be a fast and intuitive photo editor. It is powered by artificial intelligence so you can quickly edit images with templates and AI-powered tools. These adjustments can then be quickly synced with other images.

Luminar AI is not designed to be a place where you organize your images and store them for a long period of time.  Rather you are encouraged to develop the images you need and then export them when your images are complete. The catalog is designed to help you quickly find the images you want to edit and to apply those edits to multiple images.

Comment actions Permalink
    Dan Goebel

I get the refresh as new design.  But NOT understanding the "not designed to be a place where you organize your images and store them for a long period of time."  So you basically added some absolutely wonderful features, and then removed a very important one to most photographers, the DAM (image organization).

I guess I have to re-evaluate my entire workflow again...  NOT looking forward to that task, but I guess it is good to "cut the cord" and start fresh.  

Has anyone else gone thru this?  What have you all decided for workflow?  Not interested in cloud-based products (ie- Adobe products).

I would love to get the stars back

Dan Goebel Did you find a solution? Whats your workflow like now?

Star rating is not used to organize pictures to store them permanently, but to ease the selection process and pick which pictures should or shouldn't be edited. Once the early selection process is done, we can move to editing the pictures, which is the main point of the app, but now the first phase (the selection) is broken.

Any chance we could get an aditional flag on top of favourite?

Tania Taylor

Hi Member!

Thank you for the feedback! I've added your vote to the corresponding discussion with the product team.

Michelle William

The color and star ratings Like A Gold ,Gold Color

Please sign in to leave a comment.