help with Products

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Matt Orth

Donna

Skylum’s CEO has stated that Luminar is not meant to be a Lightroom replacement.  I can’t quite tell what it’s supposed to be...

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009673340/comments/360002146140

In another thread, a Skylum rep stated:

Luminar AI's library itself will be more 'light-weight'. For instance, Luminar AI will not have color labels and ratings in the Library, because the main idea of the product is to edit, do it fast and share the results with the world, without storing and categorizing them in the library

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009987139/comments/360002482519

So I’m sorry to say if you’re looking for a Lightroom replacement, you’ve come to the wrong place. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Lenny Verkhovsky

Donna,
    If you have all those products I suggest try them and see what works best for your needs.
    In my personal opinion Luminar4 gives you much more flexibility and has a lot of free and paid templates, looks and LUTs to help you getting best results. Luminar AI is a new product that was released only 2 weeks ago and already has a lot of complaints from the users. You can find a lot of reviews for all those products on youtube to see what they are all about. I tried to use Luminar AI for few times, but I am missing few features that present in Luminar4. One of them is preview of the image with a template without need to apply it first. Another one is actually AI itself. In Luminar4 I can choose any template or preset that I want, in LuminarAI I did not find an easy way to do it yet. I like AI but I prefer taking its suggestions, not decisions :).

Kirk Osborn

Hi!

LuminarAI is our latest release. Please use this link to download the trial version of the app and see whether it suits your needs:

http://skylum.com/download/luminar-ai-download 

Matt Orth

Kirk, you didn’t read the post, she already has AI.

One other thing to consider, L4 is orphan software, it will get “performance and compatibility “ updates for a year, after which it will be unsupported. It’s not a long term solution.

Lenny Verkhovsky

Matt,
    All Skylum products are orphans. You buy it, you use it for 2 years and you buy a new one. No backwards compatible, almost no bug fixes or features suggested and needes by community. I hope skylum will change this at some point, and change their model, so instead of releasing new software totally ignoring needs of the users, they start supporting and uograding current one, making money on paid support, additional features, presets or something else.

Matt Orth

Lenny

Very well said. Based on experience to date, I’m not hopeful.

Please sign in to leave a comment.