Luminar AI doesnt handle DNG in MAC

Answered

Comments

18 comments

• Official comment
    Alina Skylum

Hi Ralph,

Could you please send the original and the DNG file to our support team at skylum.com/support?

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Curt Terpstra

I am wondering why you would do Step 2?

My workflow:

1. Take a ProRaw picture with my iPhone 12 Pro Max.
    2. Click on File->Edit a single image
    3. When the open dialog box comes up, scroll to the bottom on the left side until you see Photos.
    4. Click on Photos and then choose which picture to import (ProRaw File is DNG)
    5. Edit away.
    Ralph Joshua Batula

Hi Curt Terpstra

I did step 2 because I'm currently not using iCloud :)

Curt Terpstra

Ralph Joshua Batula I understand now :D 

Andrey Rudenko

Apple ProRAW functionality is not completely operational. It looks like Luminar treats Apple ProRAW files like any other ordinary DNG files, which is not a very correct approach. Luminar AI apparently doesn't analyse these files appropriately. The most of images look out dark or the shadows area is quite over-shifted...

For example If you would try to open an Apple ProRAW file in Pixelmator Pro you could see the difference. 

I would appreciate a honest reply of Skylum if isn't there some roadmap line on this topic? Thank you!

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Andrey,

Please, note that currently Luminar AI is not compatible with Apple ProRAW, which is why images are not rendered properly. We are collecting users' feedback at the moment to see how often this compatibility with this app is requested. If many users request it, I'm pretty sure that Luminar AI will become compatible with ProRAW at some point. Thank you for your input!

Andrey Rudenko

Hi Helga, thank you for your comment, but hardly it can be considered as a real answer, I’m sorry to say that.

Your more serious rivals on the market have already fully realised Apple ProRAW functionality even before this standard was publicly available. Frankly you can collect user requests indefinitely, but could you précise your Apple ProRAW roadmap please? Just to make the things clear. Thank you.

Helena Carter

Hi Andrey Rudenko,

For now, there's no ETA for this to be added, however, I will make sure to forward your feedback to our developers. it should help prioritize this request.

Steven Rosentsweig

My iPhone is downloading an update for apple pro raw tonight. I would really like luminar ai to work with the files.

Andrey Rudenko

#metoo (sarcastically) and I hope that Helena Carter has forwarded my feedback to their developers. Deeply astonished that Apple ProRAW hasn’t been prioritized at the beginning. Nevertheless no answer from developers for the moment as usual. Such a slow half duplex connection.

Shiv Iyer

I am eager to upgrade to iPhone12Pro and then I found out that Luminar AI, that I enthusiastically bought, does not support Apple ProRAW format for the PC. Can Skylum at least prioritize this and let the users know of the timeline? Thanks in advance.

Naras I

I am not following Helga / Skylum answer about waiting to see how many people want this. Are they assuming iPhone users will not use Luminar AI? Or Vice versa? What are they waiting for? Waiting to see how many people dump Luminar AI and migrate to other SW? Don’t they want to be competitive and support a popular format (even though it’s a new one)?

Andrey Rudenko

Hi Helena,

Could you please tell us if there's an answer from the developers? Your last comment was posted 8 days ago.

Thank you!

Helga Rowles

Hi guys,
    At this time, we don't have an official ETA for the update.

WHAT? Please implement this ASAP

Phillip Porch

Count me in as someone who would like the ProRaw format covered.

Kamil Dobrowolski

Please add ProRaw format support in both Luminar 4 and AI.  Apple sells millions of iPhones and if ProRaw support becomes standard across all iPhone 13 models this fall, I'm switching back to Lightroom.

Kevin O'Donnell

Recently purchased iPhone 13 Pro, came across Luminar AI and upcoming Luminar Neo and made the pre-purchase/AI bundle.  This was naive (or stupid) because I assumed Luminar products supported the market share leader (Apple 28.21%).  I'm not sure what to do now...

Is it too complex to add ProRaw format?  Community, what are your recommendations?  I just purchased (yesterday), what to do?

Please sign in to leave a comment.