Luminar AI, CRASHING

Answered

Comments

13 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Lars,

Please try to rename Luminar AI Catalog:

1. Make sure LuminarAI is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar AI Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar AI Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.

Note that the albums you created in Luminar and edits you made will not be accessible in Luminar after you've renamed the catalog folder. They will still be saved on your hard drive should you need to access them in the future. Your photos on disk won't be affected in any way.

Comment actions Permalink
    Lars Jensen

Hi Elena,

I followed your instructions and I have LuminarAI up and running again. Thank you so much, I know you are all very busy in supporting users with various requests and issues.

Thanks again,

Lars

Helena Carter

Lars Jensen,

It's our pleasure to assist you. We're happy we were able to help you. Have a great day!

Michael Prewitt

How do you rename the catalog folder?

Lars Jensen

Hi Michael,

I located the active folder in my File Explorer and then just renamed this folder (see below). When I started LuminarAI up after this action, the program asked where to store the Catalog file.

I have a server, a QNAP, and I use QSync to keep my computers in sync (that's where the "Qsync" folder is from). I have since all the above crashes moved the LuminarAI catalog file to Pictures on my Window 10 machine. Have not had any crashes since but have not been so active either.

Hope this helps

Lars

Michael Prewitt

any clue how to do this on a Mac???

Lars Jensen

I will assume it's the same drill. The folder is likely in a different location than Window, though. I would open up Finder and search for the folder where the crashed LuminarAI is located. 

There is a file in each folder used as a Catalog. This file is unique and searching for this file should point you in the right place. It has following 'last name': ".luminarai"

Charles Vittes

I tried this and am still having an issue with it crashing on launch. Any other tips on this? It's been going on for a few days now.

Elena O'Brien

Hi, Charles Vittes
    I am terribly sorry you are facing issues with Luminar!

Could you please send us event logs?

1. Try to start Luminar.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your email.

A video tutorial on how to collect logs: https://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6 

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Pete Schenck

EASY CRASHING FIX

I have been plagued with Luminar AI crashing every time after editing one photo, I have received tremendous support from the technical support group but I found a much easier solution for Windows Crashing:

1. Go to your "pictures" folder. find and DELETE the Luminar AI Catalog folder.

2. Exit you pictures folder and then START Luminar AI. This forces Luminar AI to create and new and uncorrupted folder.

How my folder got corrupted is beyond me as Luminar AI works perfect on my older lap top. There are many hoops you can jump through and I tried them all recognizing the your Luminar AI Catalog is corrupt is the key. Use the two-step process above. Begin step 1 WITHOUT starting Luminar AI.

Daniel Bridges

To be fair, please fix these issues.  I love the software and I love the brand, but the crashes are beyond frustrating.  I'm really trying not to take my money elsewhere, but I cant put up with it crashing every few photos.  I have a new 16GB SSD (512) device and the app crashes? Come on, sort it out

Daniel Bridges

Is anyone else still having this issue?  It seems if I do anything CPU intensive (erase for example) the program just crashes.  SO frustrating.  I absolutely dont want to just delete my catalogue each time

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will be glad to help you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.