Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Kevin,

Please note that the recommended way to invoke Luminar AI as a Lightroom plugin is to right-click on an image > Export > Luminar AI > Open Source Files/Edit Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

See the screenshot: https://prnt.sc/s65yje 

After you hit Apply, the photo should appear under Catalog>All Photographs in Lightroom. See the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/neybu8

Comment actions Permalink

Interesting I just got an email from support, Olha, giving me other directions that didn't work. This one does!!!

Brian Max

What were those instructions?  I am so frustrated, tried the fixes on the community posts and even uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom to no avail.  I cannot get an image to make a round trip from Lightroom Classic (Mac, Big Sur) to Luminar AI and back.  I can send to Luminar, but the “apply/cancel” buttons that are supposed to be at the top right are missing in action . . .  Waiting for response from Skylum support . . .  Thanks to all for any clear suggestions!!!  

Anastasia Davis

Hi Brian! Could you specify if you tried the instructions given by Helena?

Brian Max

Thanks . . . Multiple times.  Still no success.  Launches Luminar, but no “apply/cancel” buttons appear.  

So, my work around has been to export edited files from Luminar into a different folder and import those edited files into Lightroom.  Pretty clunky, . . 

Brian Max

Update:  I got a response from Skylum support with an approach that works. . . Thanks!   Pasting it below:

• Right-click on the image > Export >  LuminarAI > You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to LuminarAI, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

After applying adjustments in LuminarAI your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog > All Photographs. 

Let me know how it goes now.

Best wishes,

Olha
    Skylum Support Team

Please sign in to leave a comment.